The Secret Garden - Movie

Margaret O'Brien - Margaret O'Brien little actress.
@lilaclady (28240)
Australia
The Original movie The Secret Garden is one of my favourite movies ever.It starts off in Black and white where a little girl is brought to this big old house, there is a very spoilt cripled boy living there. The little girl finds the entrance to a secret garden full of weeds and over grown plants and a huge secret and sneaks in there and works in fixing the garden up. She also encourges the little boy to walk again at the end of the film she opens up the garden in full bloom the screen turns to colour and the little boy walks...it really is one of the nicest movies ever. Margaret O'Brien who is my very favourite actress is wonderful in this movie and it shows what a brilliant actress she really was.
@Trace86 (5033)
I never saw the original version, but I have read several versions of the book (long, short, kiddified) and seen the remake of the movie. I loved it so much. When the boy is walking in the garden and the dad sees, I want to cry! The way everybody changes with this little girls influence is amazing.
@lilaclady (28240)
If you like the story do yourself a favour and get the original movie with Margaret O'Brien in it...this girls acting is something else.
@andak2007 (3229)
really?the original movies is much better?i have only seen the remake, it was good. I doubt if i can find a copy of the original movie here in my country...i sure do like to watch it.
@lilaclady (28240)
I have it on video but I have been looking around for it on DVD, I see a lot of the old movies are coming out on DVD as classics and they are not expensive either, so I am hoping to get it on DVD one day...
• Saudi Arabia
Honestly i only read the book i never saw the movie, i liked the story very much. I will try 2 get the movie and watch it. Thank you
@lilaclady (28240)
Try and get the original movie with Margaret O'Brien the newer version is not as good...:)
@Modestah (11192)
my girls and I are big time fans of Margaret O'brien, you are right, she was a brilliant child actress. Such a beauty too. The Secret Garden is a classic and the one you speak of is our absolute favorite version. Have you seen the Cantebury Ghost? Great movie staring little Margaret O'brien and if memory serves correctly a young Robert Young as well.
@lilaclady (28240)
I haven't seen this movie, I am going to try and get it...thanks for that...
@Tetchie (2933)
Hey I've seen that too, the original one. I loved it, the transformation of the garden, like it coincided with the life of the boy somehow. I remember the first time I saw it, I was about 9 years old and I still can remember where I was sitting, I watched it with my grandmother, I can almost plant myself back in the room and re-experience it - so weird. I've also seen one of the newer versions of it. It's a lovely movie.
@lilaclady (28240)
Yep I think it is the best movie ever
@subha12 (18453)
i have not seen the movie myself. But i have read the book. its an amazing book. i like this type of stories very much.they are so encouraging. Another book of this encouraging type is The Little princess. Its really nice.I really enjoyed it. Hope i would have enjoyed the movie as well if i have seen that.
@lilaclady (28240)
yes it is a lovely story
@daryljane (3439)
i havent seen the original movie, ive only seen the latest one, the one thats not black and white..nice movie..i agree with you!
@lilaclady (28240)
The original one is so much better, simply because of the little girl actress, she was so good....
@Asheka (107)
I LOVE this movie, the original only though...I hate the re-make I found. I can't find the DVD of the original anywhere, only the re-make! Starting to annoy me, as we only have a VERY fuzzy taped version of the original now...
@lilaclady (28240)
I have seen the original and the newer version for sale on Ebay at times, I have the original on video tape but if I ever see it on DVD I will be getting it, I just think Margaret O'Brien is the best little actress ever.
@villageanne (8554)
We have that movie in our collection. It is one of those classics that you never tire of watching. We got ours from Family Feature Films. They have great movies that anyone can afford.
@lilaclady (28240)
It is a great movie but a lot of people go and get the modern version which is nice but I don't think it is near as good as the original, and this I think is due to Margaret O'Brien, she has got to be the best little actress ever.
@suscan (1955)
This was a special movie. I forgot about it,I have to rent it and watch it again. It has been many years since I saw it.
@lilaclady (28240)
oh yes I love this movie so much..
@debdoot (243)
well I haven't seen the movie but after going through ur discussions i've made up my mind to see the movie as soon as i can... can u tell me who's the director and under what banner it was produced.....??
@lilaclady (28240)
Yu will love this movie, the director was Fred M Wilcox an MGM movie, ther was a lter more modern one doan but as per usual it wasn't as good as the original...and I firmly believe it had a lot to do with Margaret O'Brien and a young Dean Stockwell, they were both magnificent, I promise you, you will love this movie...
@rosebug23 (1909)
I can remember watching The Secret Garden as a child in serial form each Sunday night ,i think it was on the ABC. I really loved it and could not wait for each episode. I loved Sunday night TV when i was young with Swallows Juniors and the kids quiz show Wizz Kids or somrething and of course The Secret garden. Oh what memories thank you for reminding me of my childhood so many many good memories.
@lilaclady (28240)
your welcome
Hey, that was a great movie, but I didn't see the original I seen the remake. As a matter of fact I think I gave the VHS to my daughter as a Xmas present one yr. I really do enjoy movies that are loaded with emotional content and end on a happy note.
@lilaclady (28240)
If you ever get a chance check out the original one it is the best. It is out on DVD these days, Margaret O'Brien who plays the little girl is the best little actress ever....