What's your dog's name?

@Thomas73 (1467)
Switzerland
A recent survey by the Health Department of New York City has shown that Max was the top dog name in 2005. It was engraved on 1,228 dog licenses out of the 101,274 that were issued last year. All top five names remained the same as in 2004, though -- Max, Lucky, Princess, Rocky and Buddy. Mixed breeds outnumbered any other variety, with 7,374 licensed in 2005. More Labrador retrievers were licensed than any other breed, followed by pit bulls, Shih Tzus and German Shepherds. Although all dogs must be licensed and have a tag on their collars while in public according to state law, the Health Department still estimates that only a fifth of the city's dogs are actually licensed. So the question remains. What's your dog's name, and do you need a license for it where you live?
@Melizzy (1381)
My tiny little terrier-poodle mixed breed animal shelter rescue dog's name is the very regal, "Eleanor Olivia Eudora Harper." And she knows when mom says all three, that she is in trouble. All 13lbs7oz of her.
@Thomas73 (1467)
That's a bit of a long name for a dog. :) What do you call her when she's not in trouble?
My dog's name is Sam, short for Samantha. It's not very creative, but I didn't get to name her. She was rescued and she already knew her name, so we didn't want to confuse her.
@loved1 (5336)
I don't have a dog at the moment but have had 4 dogs in my lifetime. The first one was Bootsie,(he was all black with white paws),the second two dogs were named before they came to me. I aquired from my brother who could not keep them when he moved into a rental home. They were named boofer doo (boo for short) and Booker. The most recent dog was named Rufus. Dogs are required to have a licence in my town. I am currently searching for a nice little dog that loves small children and does not shed excessively. I like our cat but it just isn't the same.
@Willowlady (10666)
We have 3 dogs by law they are license at about 15 dollars a pop. Pepper is a Black Labradour and german shepher mix Mickey is an Australian Shepherd Charlie is a Sheltie and my daughters dog. Don't really appreciate being forced by a law to license my dogs. Am on property and they never leave. My business as far as I am concerned.
I have two dogs & they are both females. Daisy is my yellow labrador and Lilly is my golden retriever. We need a license here to even own a dog - not just if they are going to be out in public. If you do not have a license, the will come and put a notice on your door to remind you. If you still haven't bought one after awhile they will come and fine you until you do get one.
@RealIolo (1854)
Sorry, five cats in this house. Roo, Tigger, Morrison, Zoe, Isabella.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Yes, we have to have a license for our dogs here in the US. My dog is named Nicky, Sally or sometimes Stupid. It all depends on who is calling her in.