Hunting aligators that eat pets and ???

@loutrt (185)
Gator hunting was outlawed about 25 years ago maybe a little longer cause gators were disappearing from Florida. Well now we have at last count 2.5 million and they are eating pets small children and attacking adults quite often, and all state officials can say is they will look into opening a season on them.
@lpetges (3036)
I think they should have an open season on them. We were in florida at a resort in kissimmee, and there was a gator right there on the golf course! thats pretty bold of them.
@brokentia (10396)
You know those water holes at golf courses? You can bet that every one of them have a gator in it! I am born and raised in Florida. And we grew up being told, if it is a body of water, assume there is a gator in it. Because 9 out of 10 chances, there is a gator! My brother and I would go to the lake or the local golf course to catch a glimpse of any gator there. LOL Then we would run home before the gator saw us! hahahahaha
@craftwave (1338)
I remember visiting my sister in Florida a few years back and we were walking around the aprtment complex where she lived and we saw a big swirl in the water. At first my husbnad thought a big fish had jumped then it floated to the top it was a big gator which had crawled out of a nearby canal. My sister said she was wondering why all the duck were gone and some of the dogs. Needless o say we didn't stick out there long. Scary if you have kids that want to go out and play.
@brokentia (10396)
When did state officials say this? Wow! I grew up in Florida and it was preached to us not to mess or shoot at any gator. Now they may have an open season for them? Dang! And I am gonna miss it because I moved! I wonder if they are going to put limits as to where one may hunt for a gator. And if one shoots one in the local lake...would they get in trouble if it is open season?
@Timinator (739)
I think it is a good idea because those creatures are nasty and make nice belts. lol. I have heard lots of stories about aligators hiding in people's swimming pools at night and the people jump in for a night swim and get eaten. It is very bad.