Can you start a business based on your hobby?

Why are we here? Why was this website created? Why we are spending hours an hours in endless conversations replying short replies like "Thanks", "I agree with you" and other nonsense replies like this?Although we don't like to admit it, we want to make MONEY. Yes, don't give me replies like, "no, I'm here for the conversation". There are tons of websites and forums with tons of topic of conversation. Why then do we post here?Don't get me wrong, I see people posting very interesting comments and discussions. I salute all of them who make the effort. I hope I can keep up and make the effort myself. This is my first post here. (second actually because I replied to another message) Anyway, back to my title. I think there is a better way to make money online. You need to make something related to your passion. Something related to your hobby. Do you like to paint, to create art, to take pictures, to travel, to build your body through fitness? Do you like having pets, taking care of people, helping others? This is your business. Because of the internet you can. You can reach out to millions of people that have the same passion as you. I did that with my passion. My passion is photography. I created a website about photography where I posted my photos. One thing led to another and now it is a successfull business... see my profile for some of my pictures and for a link to the website. Also, see how you can do it at www.theinternetkeys.com do you have similar experiences? please share.
Honestly if you have the ambition and some money you can start a business on whatever you want. Now to maintain the business and keep it running you have to have some skills in marketing and promotion but we live in a very :start your own business" friendly day and age, there are so many tools anything is possible!!
i am agree with you.but inside,i don't want to be a bussinessman,i lack of something capacity of a bussinessman.but i still admire a bussinessman because if they want to run their business,they must possessive some ability and skills.
what is a businessman? you see too many movies. Anyone can be a business man. We all have the abilities and the skills. We just need to channel them into something creative. What do you like the most? What are your hobbies? Do you think that talking about your hobbies on the internet and sharing ideas with other people is a boring job? no. The boring job is the 9 to 5 job where you make money for others. To make money for you. it's fun. see how easy it is to get started www.theinternetkeys.com
@34momma (13918)
i check out your website and i loved it! i too have my own site and it is slow so far because it is new, but things are starting to pick up just a bit! thank for the encouragement. you are right any9one can be a businessperson
All of us are here to do some sort of business to earn money...But nobody knows how to ....we need to get some direction and we can spend time over that ....Money is the talk of the day and without it nothing works out in life
I know my friend. I tried a lot myself. I failed in a lot of them because many of them are SCAMS. That's why I started my website. I want to explain how they work, what works and what not. Also, I want to help people to stay away from scams. Everything on my website is free so have a look.
@harsh1985 (595)
yes business based on your hobby may give you more success and exitement!!i am crazy about internet but upto last i just did timepass on internet..which have no mean to earn internet...from mylot i am enjoying the internet as well as my knowledge is improving because i am hearing much more information;some of that makes me crazy!! the sites like mylot,orkut will help to reach thusand of people which have similar passion like you..and sharing experience with them may give you success in your life.. well i want to make career in the IT industy as efficien programmer and i hope mylot will help me to achieve my goal!! happy new year to all!1
• Brazil
Good question. The profits online are growing each time more and this is attracting much people for the net. Practically everybody of mylot participates due to the profits. Your link site is very good, thanks
thank you for visiting.
@icequeen (2843)
Good for you. I also have followed my passion of being a writer/poet on the internet. I also have a website and a booksite and it really helps to generate interest and hopefully clients. I would like to know your experiences..and how you got your business going? Sincerely,
Hi new friend! I explained how I started my business on my website. It is a long story. don't make me write it again. I'm not allowed to paste here :) you can read it though at www.theinternetkeys.com under the "Make money from your hobbies"
@JBD189 (346)
I'd like to start a business based on my hobby. But, alas!! where do i begin. I cannot/do not know how to create a website.
that is exactly why I created my website. www.theinternetkeys.com to share my experience and to show other people how it is done. There are so many tools in today's world that you don't need a lot of programming knowledge to get started. see the whole guide on the website under the "Affiliate Marketing explained" you can do it. It is so easy. You can have your own website by tomorrow.!
@Chiriac (287)
The dream of many would-be entrepreneurs is to slide seamlessly from their passionate, enjoyable pursuit of a hobby into the passionate, enjoyable establishment and operation of a company based on their favorite pastime. Nothing is better to do for money than something you already enjoy doing for free! But there are caveats. As much as you might really enjoy learning different ways to filet salmon, for example, it might be difficult to "monetize" that expertise into a business, even on the internet. At the same time, if you're really good at making Christmas ornaments out of pipe cleaners, you might find that there are just too many other similarly gifted folks in the marketplace already doing the same thing.
Well yes.. one can certainly earn money from their hobby. I have a hobby of Photography and of late i have started taking it more seriously. I have also started my own website now:- www.sydneyalvares.com
In my opinion You'd much rather start a business based on a hobby than something else, right out of the box, because you're connected with it, you understand the vernacular, the concepts, the community, and the psychographics and demographics of the market.Just because you enjoy a hobby, and maybe you even know a bunch of fellow hobbyists, doesn't mean that your group's enthusiasm for this activity translates into a viable business. ecause your commercial success will be so tied into your personal proficiency at this hobby, reckon with yourself realistically. Are you skilled enough at this hobby that other people actually will pay you for your service or knowledge, or do you just enjoy the heck out of it? Do you have the commitment and disciple to fully pursue this venture when it starts to feel like a job instead of fun.When I'm working from my passion, I tend to be blinded by that passion
challenge me. tell me your hobby. Let's see if you can make a viable business out of it.
@andygogo (1580)
I think some one here are so naive that they don't even know the rules of making friends with others. You wanna know more foreigners? Then it;s better that you are a girl, and then post one of your most beautiful pictures here, i am sure there will be foreigners to knock your door soon, Hehe! No offence, just kidding! LOL!
hey, hey ... wrong post. no beautiful girls posted on my profile. :) be careful, my tiger will bite you :)
yes i start business based on my hobby, my hobby is travelling wandring one place to another place so i start travel line business , and start a travel agency name as Madhur Tour & Travel
@runsgame (2034)
hai thanks for sharing your views. all the best for your efforts keep it up . i too want to do such a good job . can u advice more so that i can start . how can make a web site and how can i float it in net
hey, no problem. but the answer has to come from you. I wrote an article on my website under "Affiliate marketing expained". I used as an example a pet shop. The article applies to everyting really. the website is www.theinternetkeys.com what are your hobbies? What do you like the most? Let me know. I'd love to help with some advice.
not me but my friend has a hobby that she turned into a business. she likes stitching. she had been making money from it ever since her husband brought some samples of her work to our office. now they even own a boutique for handicrafts w/c were all made by her.
there you go!. that's great. Congratulations. did your frind think about conquring the world wide web? there are billions of potential customers out there. have your friend look on my website under the "Affiliate Marketing explained" to see how easy it is to mahe the stitching online. Hey, this sounds like a good project for the next year.
@x_pd_c_27 (113)
yes..i agree with your topic..my hobby was reading an article..now,in mylot, i`m practice all material that i have read..
did you try writing one? It is much more rewarding. Try it. Is not as hard as you think. I wrote all my articles on my websites. Nothing is copied. I also thought it is hard. But once I start writing ... I love it.
@Phatmat (105)
i do want the money ... but t also gives me something to do when i am bored. so it evens out =D
being bored is not an escuse. We are being bored just because we are too lazy to start something. I have so many ideas and so much work to do with my website that I don't have time to get bored. And it is so nice when you see how rewarding it it!
of course u can , but ur hobby is got to be profitable to u
challenge me! name your hobby. I'll tell you how it is profitable.
@bimmer999 (1160)
business - bn
yes it is definitely possible i like pets so i wanna open a pet shop or a fish store.. its just that i dont have enough time to really start with it..
time, how many times we are saying that we don't have time. Yet we are wasting a lot of time in front of the TV ordoing some other similar stuff. Do we really not have time or we don't know how to prioritize. If you want to start something with your pet shop or fish store, I use exactly this example on my website when talking about affiliate websites. It is so easy and so cheap to start something like this that anyone can do it. I invested 100$ for my websites it total. I got the money back in a week. Since then, it's just growing and growing. good luck with your pet store.
@pusiket (1759)
Yes, but you must love your hobby that much so you will succeed.
@bugbaby (1788)
yes, and now i will try to open internet cafe as my hobby i always use internet and now i try to open that business here in my city
My hobby is crocheting (among lots of crafts) I have seen people make money selling their crafts at craft shows and the like, but I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids with 1 vehicle in our family which my husband uses to go back and forth to work. If I can make a buck here and there by sitting at my computer, I'll try it! That's why I am here LOL