Pete Rose...Hall of Fame or Not?

Pete Rose seeking Forgiveness - Caricature of Pete Rose seeking forgiveness for betting on baseball.
@Melizzy (1381)
Should baseball's all time hit leader, Pete Rose, be inducted into the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown? Even though he bet on baseball?Does the Cincinnati Reds player known as Charlie Hustle deserve a place in the hall of Fame?Should his off field actions overshadow his on field accomplishments?
@SageMother (2277)
I think the concept that sports personalities are role models is bunk. Pete Rose didn't make any teams throw a game so that he could win bets and so he should be included in the hall of fame. It is just stupid to keep him out because he likes to gamble. Charlie Hustle also deserves a place there because he was good at the game. His personal life is his own business and should not count against him.
@Melizzy (1381)
I tend to follow your line of thought. I always wanted toknow if he ever bet against the Reds. If he didn't then what is the bg deal? Wouldn't he do what he could to ensure his team would win?
@Melizzy (1381)
Yea i always wondered the same thing. If he did bet on the Reds he was probably beting that they would win.
Pete Rose was one of the best players in Major League Baseball. His numbers show it, so do his titles and awards. Something stupid like gambling shouldn't keep him out of the Hall of Fame.
@Melizzy (1381)
I'm not sure I would call the gambling stupid, but I don't think it should have kept him out of the Hall of Fame.