what's the best way to treat a lillte spoiled brat?

I have a little cousin who i see few times a month, and he's out of control. His mother don't want to have nothing to do with him, so he get away with everything. When he acts bad, he is rewarded with toys. His Dad works all day long. When i watch him, he doesn't want to listen. Only if u give him the evil look and mean business, then he will behave. But i don't want to go to far because i am not his parent. Sometime i feel like spanking but it not my job nor is it right. What should i do?
@shooie (4988)
Why isn't spanking right. I mean there is spanking and there is beating. There is a difference. Use a stern voice when you are watching him and he does something that you do not apporve of and let him know you mean business. Like the other person said kids want rules. When we had my stepdaughters for awhile when we lived in cali I sat them down and told them we have rules in this house. An adult that does not set rules and keep them for their kids does not love their kids.
@april444 (1342)
You go girl you are right. Kids want rules because it shows you care maybe you should just smack his mom because she is raising a monster if she does nothing.
@xiongqh (793)
yes, there are many child is spoiled by they father or mother. I think all we have to do is to give them a good education, If he always grow out of cintrol, he will became a bad boy/girl, he never think about the other. Spend more time to stay with the child, and teach him something si important.
@Ashida (1370)
I'd be tough but loving with him. i really believe kids want boundaries and rules. they want a sense of order and want to know what to do. if you give it to him, maybe he'll learn that.
Thx for your response, i take that in consderation