I know some people who Home School there kids, but dont really...

Do you know anyone who supposedly Home schools there kids...I do should I notify the proper Authorities?
@farocop44 (448)
pretty certain the proper authorities will advise you that you are wasting your time. It isn't illegal to home school your kids and in many ways it is more beneficial for them than going to a public school.
no no no...Im not saying its Illegal! Im saying these people are not teaching thier children, the boy is 11 and can't hardly read or write...
@MrNiceGuy (4147)
You're allowed to homeschool your kids, I believe they just have to take some kind of equivalency exam and other exams to get into college or certify they have a diploma.
I homeschooled both of my children when they were younger. They are grown ups now. They are both very intelligent human beings. From what I know about homeschooling is that each state has their own laws and rules regarding homeschooling parents/children. Some states, such as Oregon, require the student to pass a yearly test to insure that they are learning at grade level. I am not certain about NC. I would check and see first what the regulations are in your state. Then if you find out you have grounds to report the parents for failing to actually school their children, by all means report them. To homeschool as a scam is a disgrace to those of us that have and do legit homeschooling and teaching our own children.
It drives me crazy, this person that i have none scince second grade is doing this...Im sure there are regulations in place but it seems she has found away around it...
Yes, as a previous homeschooling parent it makes me nuts too. Like I said it is poeple like that that give homeschoolers a bad reputation and name. Please check out what the laws are in your area. Then turn her in. Those children deserve a proper education to be able to function in this ever increasingly competitive world. Do what you need to do for the best interest of the children. Please keep me posted and let me know if there is a way that I can help.
@jess_meow (229)
If there are grounds for suspicion of failure to educate, or something like that, you can report to the authorities. However, if no one else has reported anything, your chances are slim at getting someone to do anything about it. If you really think the children aren't recieving a good education, I say tell the authorities anyway. Get the ball rolling, as they say, so that if future accusations against the parents are made, your statement can be there to back them up.