Some people really do talk to themselves

@TerryZ (22083)
One day while I was at work I went to the front office to ask a co worker a question. Right before I went in I heard someone talking and I reconized it was my co worker but I didnt hear anybody else talking. When I went in it was just her. She was talking to her self. And I mean having a conversation. So I just said oh well, the day I heard her talking again to herself. I never said anything. What would you have done?
@gabs8513 (48717)
I would have done the same as you I would not have said anything at all and I would not have let her know that I heard her as that could have been so Embarrassing for her
@TerryZ (22083)
Right I didnt want that.
@gabs8513 (48717)
I didn't think you would as you and I both know we wouldn't want someone to know if we did it
hahhaah, I would not have said anything either. That's funny. She most likely does it to concentrate. I have on occassion done it myself.
@TerryZ (22083)
I know it is funny she does it all the time now.
theres nothing wrong with talking to yourself, often people reassure themselves of what they are doing, but talking to themselves e.g "right, so this one goes here, and that one goes there". there is nothing worng with talking to yourself, unless you actually believe that someone is there, this can often be seen as a little psychotic
@TerryZ (22083)
Right I often talk to myself but I dont have a conversation with myself.
@tentwo67 (3384)
I've always heard that it's ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. Sounds like this co-worker was indeed answering! I think we all talk to ourselves, and probably all answer too, but some of us do it inside our heads and so nobody knows. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but I'm sure it was a funny moment for you to walk up and hear it and realize that there was nobody else there. I would have done the same thing you did, probably, and not comment on it. If I was good friends with the person, I might have teased her a little, but most likely I would have left it alone.