Why do FAT people insist on wearing itty bitty clothes?

I went to the store and I say this woman that was very obese. She had on a tube top, hot pants, and leather boots. Now I'm talking about a 300lb woman at least. Don't get me wrong I am all for self confidense and feeling good about yourself but I would be embarressed to wear something like that and I'm not over weight. I think she must not know how degrading she is being toward herself. Do you think it is alright to let it all hang out??
I have an aunt who is like that she is close to 400 pounds i swear, and she dresses like she is a 100 pound model! Not good for your eyes.
Have you ever asked her why she does it?
@stellarjade (1240)
haha, i so agree. i am all for self confidence too, and im not at all putting down large people, but when i see bigger people in tiny clothing, it disgusts me, and makes me laugh. I really dont want to see anyone wearing that stuff, but seeing some people let it ALL hang out, is not cool.
@jewel76 (2305)
I am a big person myself, around 270 lbs, and i am mortified and embarassed for those big women who let it all hang lose. It is not nice to see, and they don't look good at all dressed like this. Just a month ago, i saw this woman, who was even bigger than me..she had on WHITE thights...it was horrible, you could see all her cellulite...just not nice to see anyways. I don't get it why some big women dress this way.
That's gross. I weigh probably 100 pounds less and I wouldn't even DREAM of wearing tube tops or none of that crap. I wear jeans and band t-shirts. Some women are just trashy, and in turn they think that if they wear skimpy clothes, then men will like them. Which it's the exact opposite, they'll just be grossed out.
So you think they do it to attract men. This may be true for some of them too. If they attract any men by doing that is definately the wrong type of man. Even skinny people dressed trashy are just making them self look easy.
I think it's partly they do it to "try" and attract men, and also partly to reassure themselves that they are sexy, cause I'm sure some women feel that if they hide behind jeans and t-shirts, then they aren't sexy, but I beg to differ. You don't have to show skin to appear sexy.
@kakuemmom (862)
the way i look at it is if she was comfy then why do you care?? I am a big woman and would never never wear samll clothing i like to be covered but i was also this way when i was small too. I wouldn't dress that way but if she likes it then who cares.
It bothers me because she is and the skinny women too are sendind an image to our daughters that this is acceptable and attractive. I feel bad for these people and I hope my daughter never feels like she has to be half dressed to get attention. I wish our society was set up so that beauty was something that wasn't sleasy. It seems like we have lost our class in America. I just want women to know they can be beautiful even when they are all covered up.
@tigrashadow (1086)
it would be great to have the confidence to wear what you wish but i do agree that certain clothes shouldnt be worn on a larger person...especially the short tight tops that show a bit of skin. i admit i am a large person but i dont wear things like a tube top..i might wear a tighter top (that goes down to the hips) under a shirt but not alone. as for pants...the tight (non shiny) spandex type pants or shorts are sometimes worn by bigger people for reasons other than a fashion statement....it can keep the moisture away from the body to prevent sores and chaffing which can lead to infections. but it isnt hard to match the tighter pants or shorts with a loose fitting tshirt or shirt that covers most bits...at least to the waist if not hips or lower
@emeraldisle (13145)
Trust me I've seen it and worse. Try seeing an 80 year old man with a large belly in a thong...not a pretty sight at all. All I can say is ewwww. I'm overweight, I don't make any bones about it. I think it's horrible when women dress that way. What doesn't help are the designers who make the clothes. They send the message you can wear the same things just bigger. It doesn't work that way. Now I might wear something that is tight or a tube top but around the house, not where others can see me. When I go out in public I don't let it all hangout like that. I'd be embarassed to dress that way. I don't know what some women think when they wear clothes that way. It makes no sense to me. As a side note I don't really like seeing skinny woman in pants so tight that if there is a nickel in her pocket I can tell if it's heads up or tails. To me it's just as bad.
I absolutely agree it is a problem that skinny and obese women have. The wrong signal is being sent out about what is considered beautiful.
Hahaha, for a laugh maybe. But no, I don't think it is in good taste. But obviously this women has no pride in her looks, or is so confident that she could care less.
@justlord (332)
it make them look smart
I really don't think you read my discussion.
@sarah22 (3981)
thats very bad and i too have seen it. they should look at them selves in the mirror before they leave the house but i dont think they care. it looks bad.
@adore225 (29)
I run into the same instances sometimes and catch myself thinking negatively; but hey if it is not doing any harm to us than why should we care? If they feel confident to go out in clothes like that then power to them.
I really can't answer this one. You see, I wonder what she sees when she looks in the mirror. Or maybe she is a very strong and defiant individual and she is trying to send a message to those people that may constantly torment her about her size, you know like, 'this is who I am and so what'. I am not a large person, but I have seen those infomercials and heard some really sad stories about some of the problems obese men are women have to deal with on a daily basis. So many of the stories are really disturbing, it makes you wonder about us as a society and why we are so heartless and thoughtless at times...SS
@sellj75 (208)
I have to agree. I am not at all large, but I have a freind who is. We were at the store one day and saw something similar, and she remarked that it was disgusting. It was like come on nobody really wants to see all that.
@Foxxee (3653)
We shouldn't judge people. Doesn't matter what size they are. If a bigger person wants to let the rolls hang, then why not let them? Maybe you should just worry about yourself and not worry about what others wear. It really isn't our problem.
@MrsFrizzle (1964)
I am a plus size women and I see that I feel embaresed for them. I in now way cover myself up from head to toe. I show some cleveage on occasion. But I could never.. ever.. ever wear a tube top and hot pants out. I honestly do not know why skinny people do it either.
@Janono630 (238)
Ya think that although people are that weight and they have some self confidence which is good, shouldnt be wearing that type of clothing. I know they can just say that if you don't like it dont look but its kind of hard to miss and if i was that way i wouldnt want to draw that type of attention to myself.
No, I don't think it is alright at all. There is nothing wrong with being overweight, if you are comfortable with yourself, that is what matters, but keep in mind, not everyone finds fat rolls hanging out attractive.
@kareng (7980)
I don't get this either but it is becoming the normal to see an overweight person with skimpy clothing on. Are they proud of it? Do they think they look good? Or do they just not care? Personally I think it is offensive and looks bad.
@babystar1 (4236)
Well I think it is so sick for fat people to dress like that. I see this hear too,fat women wearing tight jeans, shorts that are so tight it is just sick.I wonder if they ever look in the mirror at themselves, I really dont know why they do this, and i see so many of them doing this.It looks so bad even when their boobs hang out.Ypo should see them when they are wearing a swimsuit A two piece.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
No, I do not think it is alright. It is disgusting, and I am overweight. She must not care how she looks. You can look good withot having to dress revealing or letting it all hang out.