Python's as pets...would you have one?

@Melizzy (1381)
I just read about a 14 foot python that was used in some snake exhibit at an aquarium. The handler was grabbed by the snake and had to fight to not be pulled back to it's cage. Spectators held onto the woman until the police arrived. The police had to taser the snake to get it to let go. I read another story where a python trapped it's owner and bit him in the butt. Given that you may get squeezed to death by your over grown pet, would you have a python as a pet?
@jess_meow (229)
I wouldn't mind so much. Pythons aren't as dangerous as they're made out to be. Dogs attack more people every day than pythons.
@Melizzy (1381)
Only because more people have dogs as pets than pythons!!
How about this, wild dogs attack more people than wild pythons.
@Melizzy (1381)
Try telling that to the people in Florida. I read an article where several parks are seeing an increase in pythons. Why? Because they used to be somebody's pet, who got tired of it and then turned it loose. The snakes are killing off certain animals and disrupting the natural ecosystem. If you buy one and then want to get rid of it, don't just turn it loose!
@onlyme123 (124)
I don't have room for a pet that big! You really have to ask why someone would want to keep a dangerous animal as a pet: for image? notoriety? just want to be the talk of the town? I'm not here to judge. All pet owners, whether they own large pets or small pets, need to be responsible for the animal's health and happiness, and the safety of the people around him.
@Melizzy (1381)
I just want my fuzzy, cuddly little dog. How could you snuggle with a snake? Ick.
@Ashida (1370)
I wouldn't want one only because I wouldn't want to feed it. I just feel sorry for the little critters it eats. And the bigger it gets the bigger the animals it eats. I'm just not comfortable with that.
They have this wonderful thing called "Mice on Ice". If it weren't for that, I would hate our (my fiance's & mine) snake.
@Pigglies (9339)
I love snakes. I've held snakes around 50 pounds, 10 feet long. But to have as a pet, I'd probably like a snake 6 feet or less. Probably like a ball python would be nice. I know someone who rescued a snake and others who rescue a lot of reptiles. I've considered it a lot of times. I wouldn't want a very large snake because I do small animal rescue. But a snake that just ate mice wouldn't bother me. I've never liked mice much. Rats are another story, they are great pets and I wouldn't be able to feed them to a snake.
I don't like snakes that much so I could not imagine having one for a pet.
@lizabeth (666)
There is no way I would have a snake as a pet. I don't even like to look at them. But that is just me.
@shywolf (4520)
It would be really hard to feed and keep such a pet. I don't believe that I would like to own one. Just recently, I was watching the British comedy awards (I live in the USA but download a lot of Brit programs because I am a big fan of British television) and they brought a *huge* snake onto the set, which then proceeded to nearly get away from the handlers. Nothing bad happened, but it seemed like an incident that could've easily been avoided. I can't even remember why the snake was brought onto the stage.. seemed more like a stunt to gain viewers/notoriety than anything else, as that clip will doubtless be shown from now till eternity on British television. LOL.
Snake still an snake. You can't trust any type. What can you expect? It is in their nature to be aggresive at one point or the other. No, I won't have one.
@satyamss (870)
no..i hv a dog , cow and buffallow
@dominican (202)
I used to have a python before. Its ok to handle python. They are easy to manage. Easy to feed. I just dont advice having reticulated python as a pet. Maybe the smaller one's. The best is the ball python. But as early as it is still young you just need to let it familiarize you so that you won't end up bitten.
@kareng (7980)
No thank you! I don't like snakes. I also wouldn't want to have to feed them mice all the time...ewww.
I wouldnt wish to have a python for a pet....they look disgusting and dangerous.
I don't like phyton or any snake even a worm as a pet. I have a phobia on them, I think I'd die first before I can touch one, lol.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I am sorry but I don't like snakes of any kind. I know that there are people who like snakes and have the smaller ones for pets. I prefer cute and cuddley to scally and fangs. That is just my opinion.
• Pakistan
I would never have one as i dont like pets and secondly having a snake as a pet .NOOOOOOO :D
@yrteja (651)
no.i am a very fearful person and i also feel fear to such a dangerous and wild animals.
@jackf501 (855)
no..i hate all kind of snake..
i am totally against in keeping pets in cage. pythons are wild animals and have full right to b free. pets like dogs and cats are ok because they r not kept in cage and r much more free to move around
@foxbrain (204)
well i am not a snake type guy. i took a fright to snakes when i was 12 and stepped on 1. Thinking of it still gives me shivers.
I wouldn't have a python as a pet or any snake for that matter. I am scared of snakes and don't want to be close to them. Pythons have been known to get out of their cages and cause damage to their owners. It is just too scary for me.