Are You Depressed Now Christmas is Over?

@wolfie34 (26881)
United Kingdom
It's that time of the year again and seeing the Christmas tree still up and knowing it's all ended and so quickly I am feeling sad and I hate this time of the year.
@brokentia (10396)
No, I am not sad to see it over with. It is such a busy and stressful time. Even though it is also joyus and fun filled too. But I can only take so much. LOL Now I just dread taking down the tree and packing everything away for safe keeping. I worked in a hospital when I was in the military. And did you know there were more deaths in January and February than there are in the holiday months? Now, I am referrancing those in ICU for conditions pre-exsisting the holidays. When I first noticed it, I had to ask why. I was told that during the holidays, those people hold on to life because the holidays bring more visits. And in the first couple of weeks into the new year, those people still visit and hold hope. But as February gets closer, the visits and hopes are less. And therefore, more people tend to let go of hanging onto life then. Each year it was very sad to see happen time and time again...and even worse, we each knew who would make it just past the holidays. So for those that are sad to see this time of year pass. Please smile and hold your memories fondly, the season will come again. And for those that have loved one's in the hospital, please continue to visit until they are ready to let go. Happy new year to all!!!
@wolfie34 (26881)
I agree it's a lot of hard work for 2 days of the year. I suffer with SAD in these months so will be glad when the Spring comes. I have something special to look forward to end of February to keep me content. Thanks for your valuable response.
@brokentia (10396)
Care to share what you are looking forward to? I am looking forward to the summer. Then is when my kids and I get really involved with art projects. :)
@wolfie34 (26881)
I've got a weekend away booked to learn the art of massage! Its something I've always wanted to do and learn and I've finally booked it!
@Idlewild (6105)
Not depressed, but there's always a letdown after the holiday season. After looking forward to Christmas and new year's and visiting friends and family and parties and gifts, there's just the gray, cold days of winter... and few holidays over the next few months.
@wolfie34 (26881)
Hmm I know what you mean, I hate January and February the most in the year because of the cold, and I suffer from SAD.
@lilpaki (121)
yh releee