# 86 A trade school question

Do you think that a trade school is better or worse than college? What trade is best? I will read and rate each reply. Thank you in advance.
@gifana (4838)
• Portugal
It is a known fact that some (mostly male) students either cannot or don't want to finish high school because they are either not able to intellectually or they are not interested. My solution to this problem would be to use the last two years of high school as a vocational school where the students could learn a trade and at the same time study the basics, like english, Am history, civics but on a level that they can handle without great difficulty. I feel that there would be fewer dropouts and the kids were at least trained in something when they enter the job race. With this in mind I would also make a high school education obligatory for everyone or until the age of 21 which ever comes first. There are so many young people (and the age level is rising higher every day) that cannot write a simple sentence. PS: By thanking us in advance I take it that you are not going to comment on my response, however, I give anyone the benefit of the doubt which is why I am making this comment.
I am sorry that you did not see that I wrote that I would read and rate everyone. I have been siting here for hours doing that. You got the best response and a + rating for your input. I alway respond to 99% of the people. Thank you for your time and input.
@Willowlady (10666)
Helping Hands Trade School - trade school once were the slower students or specialized students would go. Lately I am not aware that alot still exist
Trade school is just more practical and would mean more. College just gives you book smarts which is valuable however an employer must then teach you the ways of his business whatever it is. We used to work from the bottom up and there was alot to be said about going about business that way. I would prefer to combine them when appropriate. Some trades need no book smarts.