In the UK age to smoke is raised to 18.

@deeeky (3669)
Edinburgh, Scotland
I wonder if there is going to be help given to the 16 an 17 year olds to stop them smoking!
@neilf49 (810)
As there is very little help given to smokers any way, I doubt that there will be much given to these youngsters. Yhe government will probably not want to help them because they will be the ones providing millions of pounds in taxes for the rest of their lives. I've just recently given up smoking after about 35 years, its hard, tried patches and gum and everything, now its just cold turkey (no seasonal pun intended) and a lot of encouragement from my wife.
@deeeky (3669)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
Giving up smoking is not easy for, you but over the next few years your lungs will thank you for it and you will feel much healthier. And having a good partner is a great asset in your quest. best of luck.
@neilf49 (810)
Thank you for the best wishes, I already feel better, but have put on weight and sometimes have a tendancy too get angry quite easily. My wife's great, she just keeps telling me not to throw things hehehe
@emeraldisle (13158)
To be honest I didn't know it was below 18 there. I don't think it will effect the teenagers. If they want to smoke they will find a way. If anything by making it 18 some who don't might want to because it's now forbidden. I know back when I was in school many only smoked because they were told they couldn't. It was a rebeling type thing.
@deeeky (3669)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
There are a lot of young people below teenage who smoke in Britain so putting the legal age up to 18 is farcical in my opinion.
@ride54toi (406)
Be a model. Don't smoke at all.
@deeeky (3669)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
I personally have NEVER smoked and have no intention of being a model due to the low pay. Thank you for that helpfull response.