How do you cope with Depression

@leeoz22 (183)
Australia
I would love any advice on how to cope with depression? I have had an illness lately and feel very down and out at the moment.
@utsadetti (4593)
Depression happens to everybody i can handle if it is not heavy lol.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
for me, being artistic really has helped over the yrs...I love to draw, paint, write etc because it helps to get whatever feeligns or thoughts are in my head out so they dont weigh me down quite so much ya know....Also as its been mentioned, yoga really helps a great deal....and turning to your spiritual or religious self if you are a spiritual/religious person, really helps too....Dont try to keep it all inside..talk to someone you trust about your feelings, someone who will help not hinder/listen without criticizing ya know....
• Janesville, Wisconsin
It depeneds on the type.. Usually making sure yo uare eating sleeping and exercising enough, taking care of all health issures, managing stress alright, and if its clinical go to the doctor.... Here is a sight with alot of information that can help too.. http://depression.about.com - DNatureofDTrain
dont know i have never been depressed
@varuntr (644)
try doing yoga......
Try yoga it helps a lot to reduce depression.also exercise and meditation.try not to remember the things which make u depressed
@ossie16d (11834)
Fresh air and exercise both help to reduce depression, although if it is severe or prolonged then you should talk to a caring Doctor who might prescribe some medication to tide you over the bad time. Also you might need to talk to a counsellor who can help you sort out some of the things that are making you feel depressed. None of them will solve the problem but they will all help, particularly the exercise one. Exercise does not have to be strenuous because all exercise will help you. Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.