Why does everyone hate Microsoft?

Why does everyone hate Microsoft?
@sigma77 (5385)
I don't hate Microsoft or Bill Gates for that matter. But for a company that holds about 90% of the operating software market, the Windows product is not as good as it could be. Because there is little competition, Microsoft can do what they want and peole are almost forced to buy their products. To me, Windows is not operator friendly and could be greatly improved. Also, I think it is engineer friendly (overly technical) more so than consumer friendly. I still use Windows Me and like it better that XP.
@jonezy (293)
because they are an overly rich company with too much money that jsut keeps trying to find ways of drawing out huge funds from individuals. like the fact that you can only install copys of windows on one pc unless it is a retail version and things like that....if i pay 100 odd pound for software i expect to use it if i upgrade my motherboard and cpu! also when they release a version of oftware there are so many security holes in it that you have to live in peril for a few monthes while they release endless amount of patches to attempt to solve them. Also the versions of office are completly stupid. i remember looking at one new version, it was exactly the same as the old one apart from the fact it had colour coded bars and about 10 new features which provide no use to the average person!
I think they have great programs, but they have monopolized the market. Their customer service sucks horribly, as they don't really care if they help you or not. I lost my CD key for my XP Professional CD, which I legally bought, and I couldn't get another key. That is the main reason I don't like Microsoft.