My roomate is moving in on sunday...

I bouth a nice burgundy rug. a cheap round table with the glass top. a burgundy cover for the table. Two scented candles on the table. bourght brand new pilloes for him. One soft one hard. I also bought him new bath towels and clothes. a brand new lock for the door. I made the bed so nice and added a desk to the room for his laptop. I also got th cable on just for him. I have someone telling me I should not have done this. That I was to let the roomate buy those things themselves. I can't feel this way is right. I think after driving over a week he should be able to rest. What would you do..
Thats good thinking by you not everyone in this world thinks like that , i wish i had a friend like you
thanks for the sweet words. I have to do this it's just me. He loved it and I felt great also. When he leaves I'll fix it again and rent it again..