In the city or in the country? Which offers the best for raising a child?

I am helping a friend decide where to raise her first child. Help me show her the benefits of either city or country child-rearing. I'm sure that there are valid points that I she nor I have considered. Thanks!
@carmat (2850)
I like country living myself, it is cleaner and much more peacefull than city life. I find it difficult not having yard space etc to enjoy without neighbors being right on top of you. There are inconviences of living in the country if you work in the city though, but overall I would say it was worth it.
@AskAlly (3627)
I raised 5 boys in the country. It has its ups and downs. We usually had friends spend the night if they wanted to come over simply because so much driving was involved. I belonged to many many car pools for hockey and soccer etc. The good thing is that more parents are involved in what is going on . Your kids rely on you for a ride for at least 16 years, so you know what they are up to. We have hosted and chaperoned tons of activities such as barn dances, skating parties, hay rides, weenie roasts, campouts and the like. You have to be very involved in your kids social lives. The only way they could get together and have fun with their friends was if we helped them get together. Being in the country also taught my boys a good work ethic. Chores are mandatory on a ranch. Animals can't feed and water themselves. I think it really taught them responsibility. I'm really proud of the way they turned out