Has anyone used a Dyson?

@mamashane (1140)
I'm sold on the tv ads for the Dyson vacuum cleaner...I want one! They're expensive though and I'd like some feedback from someone who's used one or who owns one. How well does it clean? What do you think of it?
@lpetges (3036)
my friend has one, and I really wanted one, until I went to the store and saw the price! I bought a hoover wind tunnel instead and it works just as well i believe. you would not believe how much stuff is in the canister after i vacuum. I think in time the dyson will become much cheaper-just like everything else.
@mamashane (1140)
I figured the price would come down in time also...I'm hoping anyways. I'm a big freak on having my carpet clean, especially with the dogs here in the house. I bought a Hooveer Vison and it works ok but we're on the 3rd motor for the darn thing! I bought it, got it home, used it about 1 month and the motor burned out, it just quit for no reason. I sent it to be fixed on the warrenty and it took them 7 MONTHS to get it back to me! I think they do this to use up the time on the warrenty! I had it home for about another month or so and the motor burned out AGAIN! I called them up and did ALOT of complaining about how disgusted I am with this product. My warrenty was about up so I sent it in right away and they replaced the motor AGAIN and got it back to me within about 3 months. I had to pay for shipping for all of this too! I am just so disgusted with the HOOVER company, I will NEVER buy another one of their vacuums!
@BittyBiddy (2903)
I have one of the least expensive of the Dyson models. I used to have a Rowenta that I found was much better, but I couldn't get the bags for it any more. I'm not really that fond of the Dyson. I don't think it sucks as well.