What changes would you make to your area?

@LovingIt (5398)
What big change would you like to see happen to the area where you live in the next 5 years?
I can say that we deff need more places for kids to have fun and hang out..There is absolutely nothing for Teenagers and kids to do is my town..and they get yelled at for hanging out at any fast food retaurant for loitering..they ned places to go and do to be kids,.we have playgrounds..and the YMCA thats pretty much it..and they complain that kids are out and about causing problems..well helloo!! if they had somewhere to go and just be them there wouldnt be this problem..Skating,bowling, Teen dance clubs,indoor putt putt,anything,.but they blow it all on the elderly and places that needed be here like the 20th bank or car wash..
@LovingIt (5398)
That sounds exactly like where I live, except we don't even have a YMCA. There is really nothing for the teenagers to do at all.
@rainbow (6763)
I would like the playschool that is joined on to my sons primary school to be used instead of the school fighting red tape about who pays what and what it will be used for by the school aswell. It was converted from the old school hall by a charity last year but neither will pay the upkeeep and they are squabbling about rent. This means that school starts at nine but all our little ones miss the firstquarter hour of playschool as they have to be ferried halfway across the village. We have to pay for playschool £5 for 2 and 3/4 hours and every day we loose out. I'd also like a swimming pool as it is 18 miles to the nearest one and we bring our children up near the sea, it would be nice to get a boat school of surf things forthe local kids as it is a pensoners paradise here.
@LovingIt (5398)
Those would both be very intelligent changes. It's amazing sometimes how the powers that be can't see these things isn't it?
I would like to see the restoration of an old building that has been in process since 1979 completed. It was so bad at the time that many said to tear it down. I would like to see the below code trailer parks emptied,decrepit trailers removed, relandscaped and revitalised. There is not really a lot I would change around here.
@LovingIt (5398)
It's been in process since 1979?? Unreal! LOL
@ssh123 (31103)
The area is a metropolitan area and the authorities have planned mega projects including flyovers, grade separators, uprooting treets, replanting. Entire landscape of what it is now will undergo tremendous changes and common man has no say.
@LovingIt (5398)
That's awful. It really makes me mad when the authorities do things like that.
@missyd79 (3438)
the biggest change i would like to see happen in my area is school tax cut and also them to stop building homes.