Too many friends!!!

@myklj999 (21034)
I just finished trimming my friends list again...I've got it down to 40 now. It was getting to the point that when I would go to my "friends discussions" option I was having to scroll through 30,000 pages trying to find some of you. I kept the one's I communicate best with; to those I let go, sorry, but I needed to simplify things here. To those I kept...you people are the reason I enjoy being here.
@ukchriss (2103)
I see you are back up to 52 friends now smiles. I had to trim mine a little but I still have 6 pages of them! I pick a couple of my friends a day and go through all of their topics. And the next day I pick some different friends, I try to get to everyone at least once a week but its sometimes hard to do if they post loads of discussions. so, todays your day lol
@irishmist (3820)
I clean out my list sometimes as well, and I will be doing it again soon.
@arkaf61 (10882)
I just did the same myself last night. I once suggested that mylot could at least allow us to have our friend's list in alphabetical order to it might be a bit easier to find who we are looking for, but since my suggestion did not bear any results it was still quite complicated to find someone in my list of friends. I usually do such "cleaning" regularly. Usually I delete any friend that has not been in here for the last 6 months or more. I don't think that they will be coming back. It's not that I don't appreciate all my friends in here, but if it is someone who hasn't been here for so long, I doubt that they will ever come back.
@heartonfire (4131)
• Denmark
Even if this topic is old, I still have this problem now,so that's why it got my attention...people keep adding me and then they dissapear... if they are not interested in what I wrote,write and will write then why do they want me as a friend?just because they liked a response of mine,or just for me to respond to their discussions?..not to mention that it's getting hard for me to keep track of the people if they are too many...I even started a recent topic on this matter but of course,none of my big list friends noticed it..so I will start deleting again. ..if they are not in my friends list it doesn't mean I won't reply to their discussions if there is a good one appearing ...but in rest,I see no point in keeping them in my list
I've had to do the same thing lately. I was accepting anyone who asked at first - because I thought it meant they wanted to answer more of my topics later (that's why I add someone - they have good topics or good comments and I want to answer any new ones they write). But this wasn't the case. A lot of people that are/were on my list were posting a gazillion yes/no or this/that or short answer topics a day and NEVER answering mine. So I deleted them! I'm still going through mine but to keep up on friends I pick a couple of my friends a day and go through all of their topics. And the next day I pick different friends. Once I get them narrowed down more it should be easy to keep up with everyone better.
@mfrancq (1808)
aaww, I feel so special! I was able to keep a place on your list. That makes me happy. I do the same thing with my list. In fact I need to right now. I have like 70 friends and can't keep up. A lot of them I never talk to and they never talk to me, so I think my list needs a trimming as well..
@wathanjim (2215)
I need to do the same thing.It is hard to keep up with them all.
@BittyBiddy (2903)
It has to be done. I know exactly how you feel at having to wade through various discussions. It takes too long to check people's interests before accepting them as friends, so I find it handier to check the discussions they've started, accept them as a friend and then delete afterwards if their discussions aren't suited to me.