Would you go this far just to hide something from your family?

@shywolf (4522)
I was just listening to my favorite radio DJ. He takes calls and texts on a variety of subjects, and on the show I am listening to he was asking for gossip about non-celebrities. Anyway, one text that he received was from someone who said that she had a friend who was renting a lavish apartment just to fool her parents into thinking that she didn't live 'in sin' with her boyfriend somewhere else. Would you go this far? I can't imagine. I would think that it would be so much easier just to confront one's family with the truth, no matter how much they might judge you! ^_^
@Chapman15 (1501)
I know that I really hide nothing from my family, so it sounds ridiculous to me, but I've known many people whose parensts hated their significant other, so maybe that's why she's hiding it... That being said there are alot of conservative parents that won't accept anyone they take home...
@shywolf (4522)
I'm glad to hear that you don't hide anything from your family! It's too hard to keep big secrets! ^_^
@Chapman15 (1501)
Yeah, someone will catch on eventually I'm sure!
I can't say as I would. Her choice, to me, means SHE doesn't feel comfortable doing what she's doing either or she wouldn't hide it. Personally, what I do now as a grown up is my choice. While I would respect the feelings of my parents if they said they didn't want to visit us because we were living in sin I can't say I'd go to extremes at all to simply hide it from them. How sad that she cannot be the real her to her own family!
@shywolf (4522)
Wow.. you're right! I hadn't thought about it that way. She is definitely uncomfortable herself in what she's doing, or she wouldn't feel the need to hide. I agree that it is very sad :/ I know that I don't share everything with my mother, but that is just the relationship that we have. it's nothing like me lying to her.. I just don't have long meaningful conversations with her about how I feel about life. I thankfully have friends for that. But I love my family! ^_^
I can't believe that in this day and age, that people still hide things from their parents. How crazy is that. Renting a lavish apartment and not living in it is a waste of money. One day the parents will find out her lies and what will they think of her then. Better to fess up and deal with it.
@ossie16d (11834)
It seems to me that this young lady is the one with the problem, not her parents. If she is an adult then it really is none of their business anyway and if she is a minor or financially dependant on her family then she should just admit the fact and get it over with. Life is about choices and she has obviously chosen to deceive her parents. If she is prepared to deceive them, one must ask who else she is also deceiving? I think she needs to grow up a little actually.
@sunita64 (6474)
Well in my opinion if you are hiding something from your family then it means that you yourself believe that you are doing some kind of sin.
@rainbow (6763)
That is really sad, poor girl. I would just let them accept me for who I am,if they don't like my partner they do not have to visit.