Avatars!! Do you like to reveal who you are or prefer to stay Anonymous???

I have noticed on mylot many members will have photo's of themselves as their avatar and also on their collection of photos in their profile. Do you prefer to stay anonymous or are you ok in letting people see who you are. I am just interested as I prefer to stay anonymous. Do you like to know what the person looks like who you are responding to OR Do you prefer your own mental images as people never look the same as you imagine them.
@budsr03 (2354)
I like to see people for who they really are. Friendships shouldn't start with lie #1.
Thats fine. It's nice to hear different opinions. Does everyone on mylot want to make friends though. I suppose if you do then I can see why you would want to show people who you are. I wouldn't say that staying anonymous is a lie though as not everyone you speak to is going to be your friend. Thanks for your response!!
@budsr03 (2354)
I admit, I responded too quickly, without much thought. Thank you for the eye opener!
It's all just a bit of fun anyway!! Cheers!!
@otshock (273)
I don't mind letting people see what I look like (I originally had my photo as my avatar),but I think the one I'm using now is better looking. lol
I wondered what happened to your photo. I think its fine to see what someone looks like, but I personally would not like to put my face on mylot, you never know who's looking at it!! Cynical to the end!! By the way, like the new one! Thanks.
@otshock (273)
Thanks! I think this avatar shows my personality more than my photo does.
@Piratesware (2891)
well in this mylot i want has a lott of friend, so I honest use my pic asa my avatar, well all want to be my friend:d
Thanks for your response!!
@BittyBiddy (2903)
Judging by some of the nutters that post to this site I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I'll reveal my identity to a chosen few, maybe, in time, but certainly not in public.
I understand what you mean. Thanks!!
@maryannemax (12170)
• Sweden
i am happily inlove and i want to show it to the world. i can do this by using our pictures as avatars. there's nothing to be ashamed of anyway. love is one thing i am truly proud of. i respect people who wants to stay anonymous to others. maybe there's a thrill for them that way. they want people to wonder who they are talking to. actually, for me, it does not matter whatever the person on the other end looks like. for as long as i can change opinions and thoughts with that person well, then, it's okey for me.
Its a lovely photo and definately worth celebrating!! I am just asking as I wonder why most people do stay anonymous. Thanks for your response.