Spinach went back on the store shelf today....

@bhchy1 (6052)
I will buy some...will you?? Is the scare going to keep you away?
NO not right now anyways. I am almost afraid to eat the cold cuts these days. everything has been going thru something. Be careful with the lettuce. I believe I heard something on the news to day.
@bhchy1 (6052)
Isay..just make sure everything is washed well!!!
that is also a great thing to do. for me I just won't buy it for a while not a big problem there. :)
@AndreaM76 (1164)
I hear now that the bagged romaine lettuce is contaminated too is there ay truth to this anyone know?
@bhchy1 (6052)
What I heard on the news is that one of the growers recalled their own lettuce until they could check their water source to ensure it was safe. There was no contamination found...but they felt better safe than sorry. The recall was for the west coast only..
@AndreaM76 (1164)
good to know ...I have a bag in the fridge I have left alone till I knew I think it's getting a little brown though.
I love spinach so I probably will buy some from now. I hate not to able to buy it but if i buy some, I will wash it good and probably not much left to eat.
@bhchy1 (6052)
Pretty much what's on the shelves is now safe to eat....all the contaminated spicach came from Salinas Valley..CA..so look at where it is rom..but washing it should be enough to be safe. Most people think that pre-bagged spinach are salads are ready to eat...I personally rinse them anyway as they are full of all kinds of bacterias...Better safe than sorry.
@skysong60 (117)
i don't eat spinach anyway. probably saved myself a nice e-coli infection. now WHO said i should always eat my vegetables? hehe
@AndreaM76 (1164)
"that's funny I don't care who you are"----Larry The Cable Guy
@skittlez353 (1404)
it was taking off the shelf? shows how much i eat it? may i ask why it went off the shelf?
@acdc0805 (981)
I hate spinach, so i don't think that I will buy any. I only know one person that does-my mom, and she said she wasn't gonna eat it for a long time.
I guess I would buy some if I needed it. I don't really want any right now. I read that they are recalling lettuce now.