audio books

@2timothy (794)
Has anyone tried audio books, i know there are only a few out there but expect an exponential increase in time. What advantage and disadvantage have you encountered with it? From experience, I sometimes feel sleepy with just listening but I get to learn the proper pronounciation when I follow it with reading. What books have you tried listening to? I listened to the New Testament Gospels, enjoyed especially the dramatized version complete with sound effects. Also listened to Sweet Smelling Myrrh by Madam Guyon.
@coolcatzz (1588)
I have never tried an audio book but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I could listen to it in my car. It's hard to find time to sit down and read with our busy lives so maybe this is the way to go.
@2timothy (794)
I have recently listened to an audio novel and enjoyed it better than if I would have read it, it's like listening to a drama on radio.
I've tried a few, but I prefer to hear my own voice in my head when I'm reading, and not someone else's....unless my Sweetheart wants to read to me. He has such a SEXY voice!!! If he recorded audio-books I'd buy them.