adverse possession

October 1, 2006 8:39am CST
On receiving a summons for rent arrears about year ago we have been researching our situation. we have occupied a property for 23 years, we have no tenancy agreement with anyone, we are the only key holders and throughout this time of occupation we have carried out all maintenance ourselves and have paid all council taxes on the property and are named on the electoral roll, utility bill, etc. we have checked land registry to find the person that has issued the summons only days before registered themselves as the tenant of the property we have been in occupation of. we now think we are in adverse possession of this property and would be grateful if you could put us in touch with someone that could advise us on this situation. kind regards sadie simmonds
1 person likes this
2 responses
@claudia413 (4284)
• United States
20 Oct 06
Absolutely contact a local real estate attorney because it sounds to me like to have a right to the property, not the other person.
@Sweety76 (1596)
• India
20 Oct 06
i also think the same but u shd consult some good lawyer