Interesting observation on politics

AN interesting observation I've seen in the past 20 or so years in American POlitics is that Republicans will villify Democrats calling them un-patriotic and trying to make the word Liberal a bad word. They expent so much eneregy in demonizing their policial enemies they can't even work on what is important to them. Why is that? Why is the Term Conservative also not demonized? Why don't we see the Democrats calling Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh vile and discusting and un-american like these 2 seem to revel in? I think the Democrats for the most part just agree to let their opponants have their opinion and while they don't see things eye to eye, the Republicans are not evil. If both sides would do that I think Bi-Partisianship would happen more and not be a surprise when it does happen. Now I'm sure a few Republicans will be happy to point out Richard Carvel (Can't say his preferred name due to MyLots filters) and his like but there must be 10 pundits on the Liberal is evil side of things for every Conversative is evil one.
@Smith2028 (797)
Why don't the Democrats call the Republicans vile and disgusting? I think you have missed judged the Democrats. They have in fact called Republicans everything except un-patriotic. The root of this post is actually based in the talk show media. The Republicans have moved into the Talk show market and have now cornered that market. With this cornering, in an effort to smear the character of the Republicans, the liberal media which dominates all other media outlets presents the story they want to. Which is to show the Republicans as name callers. A little independent research will show you that more often than not, both parties are equally guilty of name calling.
Actually a little research will prove my point and then alot of research will prove my point. I did not and do not say the democrats are guiltless in mudslinging or name calling. I made an observation that one side tends to disagee while the other tends to only call names. Just because you don't share the opinion of another it does not make you un-american or anything else. If you took a poll of the ankle biting and mud slinging there will be plenty of Dems in there but a much much higher proportion of republicans doing it. So once again I submit an observation...
Well... maybe the Democrats don't call Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh vile, disgusting and un-american because that simply is not true. Same with "Liberal" vs. "Conservative"... "Liberal" has become a bad word because of the actions of the people who stand behind the word. You make it sound like the Democrats just sit back and turn the other cheek..... that is SOOO not the case. They just don't have any good comebacks. ;-)
Actually I will go on record and call them both un-patrotic and un-american. The ability to question our government and the 10 points on the Bill of Rights are the absolute cornerstone of America and what makes us Americans. To call anyone such names because they disagree with the government not only goes against the 1st amendment but the attack of late on the Bill of Rights I'm sure is making the Founding Fathers spin in their graves and if they could come back to talk to us Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Jay and the rest would be ashamed of what has been done to our country.
@kesfylstra (1870)
I was going to respond strongly to this one, but looks like you have already been TOLD! Thank you, previous entries.