Published authors

Have you ever had any literature published and been paid? What type of literature was it - prose, fact, fiction. poetry, cartoon? How did you first go about getting discovered?
I do write literatures such as short stories and poetry but I wasnt published here. I am earning now from freelance writing where I write articles for net content. I find it enjoyable and rewarding too. I do not know where my writings were published because web content writing is also a ghost writing project where you wont be known as the author of what you write.
I'm really pleased that you've managed to find a way of earning from your writing. It is great when you can get paid for doing something that you really enjoy doing. It is a shame that at the moment it is ghost writing, but at least the people in charge know it is you, and maybe, in the future, you may get the opportunity to be published under your own name. I hope so, you deserve it. Keep up the good work, and I do hope you get the recognition you deserve. All the best, and remember 'the pen is mightier than the sword'.
I forgot to mention that I've published discussions on myLot about two great European novels ('The Hunchback of Notre Dame' & 'Dracula'). I don't know whether you've read either book, but if so, you may enjoy the posts. All the best, and good luck.
I do not have literature that have been published but at present, I am doing a job as a freelance writer. I get paid for every article that I write and they are for web content. I do write literatures too and I was also hoping that I could have them published but the chance is kinda rare at present.
That sounds great. Even if your only writing on the web at the moment, you are gaining exposure, and getting together a portfolio of work, which might become something bigger at a later date. Good luck, and I hope to see a novel or factual book with your name on the cover soon. All the best.
@Geminigirl (1909)
No I have not, but I am very interested in finding out more. Maybe someone will give some good info. Thanks for the post.
Fingers crossed.
@chetlog (624)
Had some letters and comments published in soem local magazines here but I was not paid for them. Just wanted to voice out my opinions and they were posted.
Good going, the paid opinions are not always the best, and if you are a member of a community, it's good to let others know what's going on, and to just share opinions, or have discussions. Keep up the good work, and thanks for your answer.