People faking tragedies?

One of my friends (not on myLot) Told me how they had used a payperpost forum just like myLot and faked a bunched of tragedies about their life. The got a lot of responses and made some extra cash, but it is a sick way to make a few extra bucks. To go far as to lie about your life just to make money is very low. I hope no one does it here on myLot.
How do you know people are faking do you know them? Somebody keeps replying to my posts and saying Im not really 22 but I dont know her so I dont know why she says that.
@shiboleth (270)
I imagine that money is very tempting to those of weak character. I agree with you, I hope that people have more respect for themselves than to become lyers for the sake of a few dollars.
@lauriefnp (5113)
This happens all the time on MyLot! You will get to recognize people's discussions and will soon see the drama unfolding. If you investigate some of these people, you will see major discrepancies between their different discussions and their profiles. It's pathetic that some people are so greedy for a few cents that they would stoop so low. Imagine how successful they could be if they channeled that creativity elsewhere!