Aren't you thankful you learned English?

@manong05 (5030)
I just had a brief pause answering discussions and I say to myself, Oh boy! aren't you lucky to have learned the English language! And to be able to reach that level where you can put to words what's in your mind and be understood by other people and respond. Wonderful feeling.
@puma_nz (1002)
• New Zealand
LOL.. yup! I hear ya! hahahahaha its quite funny that you mentioned it cos I was thinkin about that so much lastnight that it was so FRUSTRATING! hahahaha nice one.
@manong05 (5030)
honestly, in the way you answered this post, I don't seem to understand what is it that you find to be frustrating.
@puma_nz (1002)
• New Zealand
The English Language and the way its spoken.. The way I speak is pretty much the way I type.. It can be extremely frustrating cos many peeps dont "Understand" what the hell Im talkin about.. thats the Frustrating part! ya see???
@manong05 (5030)
The way you express yourself in English is wonderful, that's why I asked what is it that you find frustrating? LOL. Cheers. You're doing great!
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
well i agree with you..its nice to know english..it ables you to communicate globally except those countries that are not offering that language to be taught..
@manong05 (5030)
yes you are right. There are some countries that are so proud of their language that they don't find it necessary to teach english to the people. Those who want to learn have to go overseas.
@catbox0 (176)
I guess I'm glad I speak English. It's one of the most spoken langueages in the world. Also, for international stuff it is usually the most common one. For example, when Bush meets with leaders of other countries something tells me he's speaking English. Also, from what I understand, English is a pretty tough language to learn. I have been studying Spanish for the last 6 years and am pretty good with it although I'm not perfect. Spanish isn't supposed to be that hard to learn, especially if you speak English so I'd imagine English would be pretty tough to learn.
@manong05 (5030)
I feel you are just being too modest. If the way you speak Spanish is the same way you expressed yourself here, the more lucky you are. Very few people have the same privilege. You must have a knack for languages. Keep up the good work, you will soon find yourself to be a linguist.
@Ciniful (1589)
Wow, I would never have guessed it wasn't your first language. You're completely understandable. Good for you, you must have worked very hard. :)
@manong05 (5030)
That's very nice of you. I feel reading other people's postings especially those written by native speakers helps me a lot. I am amazed how they express their thoughts in a very eloquent way, i wish I could do the same. Thanks for the encouragement. Great!
@forjosie (1548)
yes, I feel lucky that I can learn english, its very helpfull altough my english not good enaugh
@manong05 (5030)
your english is good enough. One thing I'm sure of, the longer you stay in Mylot, the better it will get. Your doing good!Keep up the good work.
Yes I am totally 100% in awe of you and everyone else here whose first language is not English. I'm sure it truly is a wonderful feeling to be able to communicate this way in a language other than your native one. It must have taken you many years of study and for that you should feel blessed to have been taught and proud regarding your perserveance in learning. I studied French for five years and unforunately that was not nearly enough. I would never be able to communicate here on MyLot if we had to do it in French! Haha!
@nicu1985 (587)
I am thankful that I learned English at school. I don't study English anymore. I forgot a lot since I don't learn anymore. Now I just study subjects related to Automation and Applied Informatics and it's hard for me to study another subject. I enjoy mylot because now I have the chance to remember what I learned. There are several times that I don't know something and for this situation I just use an online dictionary.