A fishie question

Do you like to eat fish? If yes, which one and how prepared? I will be only rating answers. Thank you.
@thekiwi (588)
I always loved Captain D's Family Combo fish!! With the hushpuppies! Thats the only fish i'll eat besides fish that is covered in flower, crispy fish! We have a fish fry every summer, and me and my fiance' and his family will go out and catch as much bass, or blue gill, or catfish as we can and fry them up at the end of the day. Yumm!!
+ rating so far. Thanks for sharing.
@14missy (3185)
I don't really eat seafood at all. I think it smells awful! If I have to have a piece of fish, I usually get it crumbed or battered. The tropical fish like Sweetlip or coral trout are not too greasy.
Do you like shrimp or lobster? Thanks for your reply. + rating so far.
@Willowlady (10666)
fried perch - a kindly fish used by fish fries at fire stations around the town
Perch is the fish for us. fewer bones and lends iself nicely to the pan. Cooked only til it is opaque and not overly done. It is mild and if it would smell fishy then it would be too old. My hubby likes to eat tilapia. We had it at a restaurent years ago and he still to this day mentions it.
I love fish, but it has to be a white fish, as haddock, cod, blue gill, crappy or a perch. I am sure their are others that are mild tasting too but this is what I have found available for me. I do not like a strong tasting fish AT ALL! It must be mild. I personally just like it falayed and skinned and put in the oven with a little butter and salt and pepper on it. It doesn't take very long at all for it to cook, so you have to watch it close so it doesn't over cook, as it gets hard and tough if you do. Some prefer putting a breading on it, but I like it without. Mmmmmmm makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
@missyd79 (3438)
I love haddock. I love to eat it broiled with butter and lemon. on a rare occasion it will have it fried.
We enjoy fish and have it at least once or twice a week. Broiling or steaming is the best way to prepare fish if you are watching your calories. My husband prefers to use a batter to dip the fish in and fry it. I will pan fry the fish using a non-stick cooking spray. Dill is a great way to enhance the flavor of fish as is lemon juice. My preferences for fish are trout, haddock, salmon, tuna, tilapia, orange roughy. I have tried many varieties and plan to try as many as I can. My brother was my main fisherman and would provide me with freshwater trout. He brought them to me, I would gut them and prepare them for cooking. Bread them with flour, salt and pepper and toss them in a fry pan with a little oil. Or even better, grill them. Soooo good.
Oh, yes. I love fish. Battered ray or battered cod. I don't prepare it as I wouldn't cook it as nice as the local fish and chip shop. Tastes even better with chips covered in salt and vinegar.
I don't like fish. The only kind of seafood that I'll eat is deviled crab. When I was pregnant I did eat about three pieces of my hubby's shrimp and that's all I could handle. I just don't care for the seafood taste I guess.
yes i like eating fish especially when it is fried or barbequed.. i like it with different sauces even catsup with vinegar and atsara. i like them fried just right from the sea because you can still taste the sea in eat and it is really fresh.
I have never had bar b qued fish. Sounds really good. Thanks for your reply.
@marciascott (25555)
I think I will try that, I have had fish pattie with cole-slaw on top with b-bque sauce on a bun that's good. they sell that here.
@Signal20 (2281)
I'm not a big fish eating fan. I just don't like the fishy taste. My absolute favorite is lobster, but as far as "real" fish, I like orange roughy. I usually bake it, with a bunch of butter, garlic, and salt.
I am not a fish eater either. But I too like lobster a lot and orange roughy. Thanks for your reply.
@peaceful (3301)
Pan grilling fresh caught trout, salmon or char really can't be beat! :) I don't fuss with 'em too much, prefer most fish of these species, charred lightly on the outside (lemon juice and seasalt, fresh dill) and underdone on the inside. They are my choice for my upcoming Valentine's Day Breakfast main course! :)
Yummmmy. + rating so far. Thank you.
@marciascott (25555)
I like fish, I like to fry it bake it. broil it. I like orange roughy I like to bake it put a little salt pepper, butter and this it, your good to go.
@marciascott (25555)
always hot sauce with fish, that's the only way to eat it.
Yummmmmmy, hot sause with it? Did you ever try that peanut thai sause? It's spicy and very good.
@linda345 (2661)
I am from Newfoundland, Canada which has a major fishing history. I should like all kinds of fish but I don't. One type of fish I hate is trout. I love to go catch them but can't stand eating them. When we still lived in Newfoundland, myself, my hubby and 3 kids went trouting almost every night. I would clean the fish when I got home. The next morning I would roll them in flour and put a little oil in the pan and fry the fish for the kids. But you want to know my favorite. I love cod, halibut, shrimp, crab but I would die for lobster. It is the best shellfish in the world. I like to go to a fish market and pick out a live one. One about 2.5 to 3 pounds. I bring it home and steam it. I melt alittle bit of butter and I sit there and pig out. I don't care if butter is dripping down my chin because I don't get very often I enjoy every second of it. We went home on a holiday this summer. My father in law got me some. Oh just thinking about it is heaven. I am going to Newfoundland this summer and I will have my lobster again. Oh I am drooling now.
You make me drool of the thought of lobster. I miss eating that, as I live in the desert, and there is no place to get it. Thank you for sharing all this with me. Have a great weekend.
wow,when I posted a reponse to anothoer discussion of yours about what kind of food I diske, I can't give an answer. but now I do have an answer to this question! Fish is my favorite food!! many doctors in china suggest to eat more fish. Fish is one of the healthy foods! There are many kinds method to cook fish in China. But I don't know how to express those methods in English, becasue most of them are the special cooking way in Chinse food.^_^. As for me,I can cook the fish steak. It is easy to cook and also delicious! Have a nice day!!
Thank you dear, for both replys. I appreciate you sharing with me. Have an awesome day too.
@pusiket (1759)
I love fish! - Fishbone eater.:]
Yes, I love eating fish n any way it is being cooked. I like it more than meat and pork.
Thanks dear.
@blueman (16516)
fish i do like them any kind, i would prefer them deep fried.
Thank you very much.