Have you ever tried this "Hobby" - Letterboxing?

I have come across this new "hobby" called letterboxing and is has really sparked my interested, a short description would basically be - it's like one big giant scavenger hunt all over the world, where one designs or purchases a "stamp" of some significance to them, and make a letterbox (container) hide it somewhere in plain sight, posts clues, others tried locate it, and impress the hiders journal with their stamp and stamp their journal with the hiders stamp, replace the stamp and "found" letterbox for others to find and etc. etc. it sounds like a lot of fun and adventure. Have you ever done this? What do you think sound dumb or like fun? Do you know of any websites or groups in the Virginia area?
Until you posted this, I have never heard of it. Where do you hear about it? It sounds interesting and fun. If it seems like something that you would enjoy, hey, go for it. Search the net, and see what you can find. Have fun.
There was an article in a Family Magazine about it, there are a couple of websites too -- I used to love those kind of "games" when I a kid and now I get to play them with whole world- cool huh?! :)
@craftwave (1339)
I've never heard of this but it sounds interesting.
Yes, I think so too. I found this website you might want to take a look, www.letterboxing.org/GettingStarted/getstart_finding.htm I have been trying to find some "boxes" around the Lynchburg area - I think my grand children would get a kick out of this, I guess some people just start in their area if there aren't any published boxes nearby -- so far the nearest one I have found is in the crabtree falls area. :)
@sikkim (113)
sounds interesting......