They say in life nothing is certain but death and taxes.

It is January, and in the US we are preparing to get our taxes filed. We should have all appropriate papers available by the end of January. How are taxes handled where you live. If you live in the US, do you procrastinate?
@kathy77 (7488)
Yes I know in the States that you have to prepare your taxes, as for me I live in Australia and we do not do ours until the end of June,and we have until the end of September to put in our taxes and it is a lot better for us then than the beginning of the year as we are just getting over Christmas, and the New Year.
That sounds like good planning to me.
@cjsmom (1423)
We keep saying every year that we'll get in and have them done as soon as husband gets his paperwork; never seems to happen. We end up waiting until the very last minute. He told me the other day, again, that we'll get right in there this year...Yeah, we'll see.
@missyd79 (3438)
No way I do not procrasinate because i get money back so as soon as i have all my papers, I am off and filing so I can get my money as soon as possible.
@bmjut247 (171)
uh huh. i do think so. certainty is elusive and hard to achieve.