Is seventeen too young to get married?

@citygirl (1083)
Do you think seventeen is too young to get married? Do you think a marriage has a chance when people are so young? How old were you when you got married
seventeen is not even a legal age to get married. the fact that it's not legal just means that marrying at that age is still too young. at that age, you havent even finished your studies or you're just starting to forge your way in whatever career path you want to take. for me i think the proper marriageble age is 25-27. by that time, you're quite established already in your career, and also you're emotionally ready to settle down.
@citygirl (1083)
I agree, that is the age I told my kids too and I have been lucky they have all listened so far.
@vin2win (470)
yes 17 is too young to get married..as you are under age and these days are meant for study and not to get married..for getting married you need to be settled and when you think that you have achieved your goal..if you are going to be married please think twice ..as marriage can be done later on also but study time never comes back.. :-)
@citygirl (1083)
I agree one hundred percent. Also you lose out on your youth and doing things teenagers or you adult should do and have fun because of all the resonsibilties. Happy new year to you.
@runsgame (2034)
Do you think seventeen is too young to get married? Do you think a marriage has a chance when people are so young? How old were you when you got married Yes 17 is too young to get married. Marriage has not a chance when people are so young. at this age they can't even understand the implications of marriage I was at my 26 ( me a male) when i got married to 22 yr gal .
@citygirl (1083)
I think you are right. I did get married at seventeen and stuck it out for 20 years. But your right I grew up and then didn't really even like the person I was married to. I think between 22 to 25 is a good age don't you.
@shilpa28k (1738)
Ya 17th is too young to get married.
@citygirl (1083)
Yes, I agree with you. seventeen is still growing up and developing your mind who you like at seventeen you might not at 30. Happy new year to you.
@usman400 (1588)
• Pakistan
I am 26 and stil unmarried, because I am just about to complete my studies dont know what happens next its confusing, however I dont think 17 is too young for the girls to be married, however, for guys, yes it really is
@citygirl (1083)
HOld it a minute why is it not to young for a girl but is for a guy. Your chauveanizm is showing. A girl is just as important as a guy. My two girls are just as independant and educated as my son is. A girl needs to complete her studys just the same as a guy does. Or she will have to put up with a chauvanistic attitude all of her life.
@deebomb (15347)
Kids are so much less mature than they were back in the60s even then were weren't very mature and ready to get married that young. I was 19 when I got married. I can't emagine my granddaughter of 20 or grandson of 18 being mature enough to marry and run a home le t alone raise a family. To day Kids of 17 are too selfish to make a marrage last. They all want what they want and they want it now. That just my opinion
@citygirl (1083)
I totally agree with you. I have three kids and have impressed on them that I hope they wait until they are 25 to get married. I figured they would go some where in between 18 and 25 but they have taken heed pretty good. Seventeen now is like 13 back in the older day do you think.
@lizabeth (666)
I think it all depends on how much you love each other and how responsible you are. I was 17 when I first married and it didn't last a year. I then remarried when I was 21 and have been married for 16 yrs. now.
@citygirl (1083)
I guess you might be right. I got married at seventeen and stuck it out for 20 years but wasn't happy. Now the kids at seventeen are much less responsible than back then so I don't think it is a good idea now. I sure wouldn't want my kids to do it.
@hattipunk (434)
• Nepal
Well its tooo young for a gal to marry b couz their body part will not devolp properly
@citygirl (1083)
seventeen is to young for either. A gals body parts are not finished developing, and a guys brain parts are not finished developing . I think 25 is a good age, don't you.