Biggest Risk You've Ever Take In Your Life

@wolfie34 (26881)
United Kingdom
What has been the biggest risk or gamble you've ever taken in your life, was it marrying someone, giving up your career, leaving home? Mine was giving up my job and going to college at 32 to learn a totally new profession. It was a big risk stepping into the unknown.
@lakheysub (847)
u have guts man,never got a chace to take big risk. i have taken small risks but they r negligible in front of yours!
@wolfie34 (26881)
Thanks for your kind words, appreciated. I guess you only live once, and if you don't, you only look back thinking 'what if....'
Congratulations! It is wonderful that you were able to take that kind of risk. The biggest "gamble" of life I think was packing and storing all that I owned and starting out on the Appalachian Trail, alone with just my needs on my back, although I only completed 600 miles of the trail, the experience and the risk was worth every moment of it and completely alter my life. I hope you are doing well in the career that you have chosen. Best wishes :)!
@wolfie34 (26881)
Thank you for your kind words, yours sounded like a great adventure.
It was, I learned a lot about myself - and that fear can kill you!!! That you can live with nothing but a few items on your back! I met some wonderful people, and as well as some scary ones too. It was a great spring/summer and I am so glad I was able to have those experiences :)
mine is working in another country whose culture is far different from ours. I went to an Arab country where people are so pervert. the food cant be digest in my stomach the weather is to hot for me. Even though they pay me well I wasn't able to survive for a year.
@wolfie34 (26881)
Thank you for your response.
I was 22, I quit my job and got married on the way to Florida (roughly 1000 miles from home). It worked out tho, I couldn't be happier...sure, I could live somewhere warmer and who couldn't use more money? But I wouldn't take that risk back for anything.
@wolfie34 (26881)
Wow, that was a great risk which obviously worked out! Well done you! and thanks for sharing.
I give my full respect to you!! Well done and I hope you can adapt the situation and live with it. Well,as for me,the biggest risk that I've taken in my life was my decision not to further my study in oversea. I got the offer to do my A-Level for continue my study in UK,but I rejected it and continue my studies at local university. At first,I can't adapt the situation at all,but somehow slowly I can managed myself well. And now,I'm in my final year of engineering studies and will be graduated this November =)
@wolfie34 (26881)
Thank you for your kind words and thanks also for sharing, may I take this opportunity to wish you all the best with your studies, good luck!
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
I have taken a lot of big risks in my life, both dangerous ones that could have killed me and work related risk. On the life threatening part, the most dangerous would probably be when I was walking way too close to live active volcanoes, following the stream of glowing lava that suddenly changed direction an we had to run for our lives. As you might have guessed, that didn't kill me but I did hurt my ankles very badly and have still not completely recovered from that. Workwise I have taken risks when taking new jobs, leaving jobs, setting up my own business, taking on new clients and "fireing" other clients. It's a risky business but I know I won't go very far if I don't take any risks.
@patootie (3593)
I think the biggest risk I've ever taken in my life so far is to sell up our home, pack everything and move to Liberia, Africa for a year .. at the time I had a toddler and was 7 months pregnant .. so it was a bit of a step into the unknown ... All I can say is .. it was flippin' marvellous .. best year of my life .. thank goodness I took the risk ..
a large number of risks like quarreling with my collge dean,perform bike stunts etc