whats with lol

@jade01 (803)
Australia
whats with all the lots of love? mylot users use it everywhere and most the time it has nothing to do with the discussion. I wonder if some of them even know what it means
@patootie (3593)
When I first got a computer and went into a chat room I thought they were speaking a foreign language .. I'm blowed if I could undestand even half of what was being said .. So I got a big pad of paper .. wrote down all the symbols and letters and then spent a few hours googling to work it all out ... 'lol' became one of my favourite abbreviations to use .. then one day the most embarrassing thing happened .. I was talking to a friend while we were shopping and I ended my sentence with 'lol' ...
@greengal (4288)
Hehehe..I've done that a couple of times too..luckily it was my bro I was talking to and he understood!
@Corezz (1017)
• Netherlands Antilles
LoL means laughing out loud but i sugest using rofl Roling On Flour Laughing is it good?:D
@Ciniful (1589)
ROFL is just another term, usually meant that it's funnier than LOL ... in succession, it would be LOL, then LMAO, then ROFL ... for how funny you tend to find something.
Yeah, lol = laughing out loud! People generally use it as a filler word or to respond to a joke or add it as a sidenote on their comment. I personally do not like using it because it doesn't seem very important or really add anything to what you say. Most of the time when people use LOL they aren't actually laughing...so it doesn't really make sense to use it, does it?
@Ciniful (1589)
Actually, it's meant to help convey expression ... let someone know when you're joking, kidding around, or just having fun. And yes, usually when people use it, it's because they find something funny. The problem with conversation online is that you can't convey expression or tone through letters, so emoticons and chatspeak fill the void to help get the mood or tone across.:D
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I thought it stood for lots of laughs
@Ciniful (1589)
Stands for both ... or rather, both are accepted when it comes to modern chatspeak.
no huh it means laughing out load so why are you making fun of them when you don't understandf what is means
@Ciniful (1589)
I got a kick out of that, too. It's like someone spelling genius wrong while claiming to be one, lol.
@Ciniful (1589)
Actually, you've just made it clear that you don't know what it means. LOL does NOT stand for lots of love, lol ... LOL - laughing out loud OR lots of laughs More commonly, laughing out loud.
@jade01 (803)
damn
@greengal (4288)
LOL..now you know what it means..hehe! But you know what Lots of Love is a good one too..I might use that with someone who doesn't what Lol actually is.
@gittabest (1951)
• Iceland
lol doesn't mean lot of love, usually it meant laughing out loud or lots of laughs I think you misunderstood something..
@budsr03 (2355)
Sorry Jade01! It stands for laugh out loud!LOL!