Why do men cheat?

Is it because they are allowed to do so? what would happen if the woman that the man cheated on would just throw him out on the street? would he cheat again? what if it happened again and again? will that man learn? Do men cheat because they know they can keep doing it?
@ossie16d (11834)
Cheating isn't confined solely to men as there are some women who cheat too plus there are also some people who have an "open marriage". Whilst that sort of thing is not for me, it does appear to suit some people, although I could never understand why. I think the statement "allowed to cheat" is probably the open marriage type situation. A cheating partner, maybe once could be forgiven, but that is the limit and after that they could pick their clothes up from the gutter or out of the trash because that is just where I would put it. There are a couple of old sayings. One is "once a cheat, always a cheat" and the other is "if they will cheat with you, then they will also cheat on you". Some people probably would cheat simply because they believe that they can continue to do so, without any serious repercussions. Anyone who continually forgives a cheating partner and who allows them to stay, does not deserve any sympathy or support. To cheat is to break the trust and if they cannot be faithful, what other ways are they cheating on their wife or husband, as the case might be.
"To cheat is to break the trust and if they cannot be faithful, what other ways are they cheating on their wife or husband, as the case might be." I totally agree with your answer here. Thanks! You get the BEST ANSWER AWARD!!!
@ossie16d (11834)
Thanks very much for giving me best response for this discussion knowitallgurl. :)
@funfreak2k2 (1740)
not only men but women also cheat. when the man or woman cheats, if the other one is willing to retain the relationship, its better to discuss the causes that have made him/ her do so. if the person is like that by psychology, its better to give him/ her up.
i think though..that when women cheat is because they really want out of a relationship..when men cheat is because they can or are allowed to do so. my opinion..not popular, im sure.
I've yet to meet the woman that would allow a man to cheat over and over again and NOT throw him out in the street. Where are you from? Maybe I should move there. Sounds like the women are a real pushover. Actually, I gave up being faithful. I grew up the "hopeless romantic" type. Loving, considerate and far too nice. After being cheated on by two ex-wives (I threw them both out) my heart hardened and I swore my allegiance to ME. I don't have a girlfriend any more. I don't want one. I go out when I want, and I go home with or take home whoever wants to play. I'm not a player. I don't have to lie to anyone. I'm just a whole lot of fun, and I have no strings attached.
wow...sorry to hear that this happened to you. isnt it sad when they say that good guys finish last? i dated a very good guy and i ended up marrying the "bad boy" type. it broke the "good guys" heart, but he is better off today with a lovely wife and im still with my "bad boy" type husband. we both won.
some cheat because I think they think they can get away with it. Then use the excuse it wont happen again, its a mistake etc..but they are the same ones who prolly wouldnt tolerate their wife/gf cheating!
@joshua_77 (612)
well,i think forgive up to 3 to 5 times if he didn't change his mind means she can take action against him,but initially she should give some chances to him,and if she really love him means she will try to convert his mind as soon as he will change so my point of view love and sweet words sure change any persons mind so take steps to make him clean habits is good for real life and happiness.