making ribs

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I love to cook but there are few things I shy away from making because I am scared they will just not cone out right. Ribs are one of those things that I just do not make but want to. Can anyone share their good but easy recipes so I do not feel like I am going to give someone food poisoning when they eat?
If you have a crock pot, it works best in there. They slow cook and fall off the bones. All you need to do is skim off the fat before, and after. Add 1 bottle of barbque sause with 1/4 cup of honey and 1 tb. soy sause. Slow cook about 7 to 9 hours.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I think I could handle that way of cooking ribs. Thank you for adding another recipe to my list of what I can make in my crock pot
I really don't have a recipe but this is what I do. I put the ribs in a shallow pan or on a broiling pan and bake on low for about 5hrs. (That way the meat just falls off the bone). After that I put on some bbq sauce and turn on the oven to broil and move the rack up to get the bbq flavor seared in. I leave them for about 5 to 10 minutes. I turn the broiler up to 500 when I do this. They taste great and you can actually chew them.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Thank you for sharing how you make them. It sounds like a long process but well worth it
@asfi123 (955)
hi razsal i found a recipe for you hope you try it Luscious, sumptuous, fall off the bone,wonderful RIBS!!! 4-5 lbs lean pork spareribs 1/4 cup dark soy sauce 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce 1/2 cup liquid honey 1/4 cup brandy 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger 2 tablespoons smashed fresh garlic 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper Cut ribs into easy to handle pieces and trim off extra fat. Place in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish. Combine all other ingredients and pour over ribs. Turn ribs until all sides are coated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Turn several times during the marinating period to fully coat all sides of ribs. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Turn ribs in sauce one more time and place, uncovered, in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Every half hour or so, turn ribs over so that all sides are fully coated. Cook ribs until nearly all the sauce is gone. The ribs will look quite dark. Do not make the mistake of thinking they are overcooked. They are supposed to look like that! hope you like it
@beckyomg1 (6761)
i do boneless ribs in the crockpot just so that they cook all day and i make sure that they are done. i have a sauce that my mom makes and i love it. it is ragu spag. sauce, a tablespoon or a bit more of worchistire sauce, same amount of lemon juice, oh sorry forgot take an onion and saute that first a squirt of mustard, and a bunch of brown sugar depending on how sweet you like it. brown the meat before you put it in the crock pot. and then just pour the sauce on it and let it slow cook for about 5 hours or so. sorry for all the rambling, i was thinking about it as i was typing it.
@sylviekitty (2084)
I have no problem making food.. except for pork, which scares me, because I don't want to under cook it. Blame that on the fact I never ate pork growing up, for religious reasons. As for ribs, I like to coat them either with bbq sauce, or with a "rib rub". Emeril actually has a really good rib rub, but I found one at my local grocery store that is friggin awesome. It's the Market District Espresso rub. Anyway.. When I find the recipe I typically use, I'll post it under this. ;)
@suscan (1959)
I love to eat ribs but I have never tried to cook them.