Sea Salt or Chicken Salt

@kathy77 (7488)
Australia
Hi which salt to you like to use when you have cooked your meal and before you eat it do you like to put sea salt or chicken salt on your dinner I realize that it all depends on what you are eating but I would like to know which one you prefer and why??
@wiessied (646)
I have no idea what those salts are, i just use regular salt.Please explain to me what sea salt and chicken salt is.
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi Wiessied, sea salt gives you a taste of the sea which is lovely and very healthy for you as well and chicken salt give you a taste of more chicken you can use this on chicken or on hot chips which are also called fries.
@Rahleah (187)
Chicken salt? I have never heard of chicken salt in my life. Are you serious? I don't want to seem like an idiot, but I cook, and I've really never heard that term.
Me neither! But now I'm intrigued! LOL It sounds like something that we call "seasoning salt" ... where it's a combination of salt and other spices, meant to add additional flavors. But since this one's called "chicken salt," is it just chicken flavoring in a salt base?
@kathy77 (7488)
I am going to explain to you what chicken salt is it is a salt of course but with the tange of chicken, and yes of course I am serious I do not know which country you are from but you know different countries do have different terms, but I do hope you understand now what chicken salt is and you use it after the food is cooked like table salt.
Chicken salt is a new term to me. I do use sea salt, occassionally. We have salt mines in my state as well, and that is what I use most of the time. Please, what is chicken salt? I have to know.
@kathy77 (7488)
Hi GardenGerty, Chicken salt is a salt where you get more taste of the chicken it is very nice on hot chips or anything to do with chicken of course, thanks for replying
@patootie (3593)
For the last 20 years or so I've only used Malvern sea salt, I don't buy 'ordinary' table salt .. sea salt is much better for you and has more trace minerals in it, and has less bad effects on the body .. but recently I have 'discovered' the additional benefits of Himalayan Rock Salt and have switched over to that now ..
@Tanika (632)
Heya, I really like chicken salt although I try not to eat it all the time because of the MSG (Mono Sodium Glutimate, preservative 621). At the moment I have run out of sea salt so I am just using Saxa Table Salt on my dinner. I do not usually have alot of salt though, unless something is too spicy for me and then i find it helps to add salt. I know that sounds a little strange but hey, it works for me. I do prefer Sea salt though when i have it.
@Junig1 (301)
• Barbados
Sea salt, that is what I usually get here. I don't use much salt though.
I prefer sea salt as it not only adds flavour to everything u add it to; but it also is a very healthy.
@brendalee (6083)
We mostly use regular table salt but we have used sea salt in the past. My boyfriend heard it was better for us so he bought some. Until I read your post, I never heard of chicken salt. I bet it would be something my boyfriend would like as he loves chicken.
@xkaraix (596)
Chicken salt is great on chips but everything else I prefer standard salt... actually if I could I'd have sea/rock salt on everything. The texture is different yet nice and I don't know it just tastes different to standard table salt
Sea salt is really good. It is healthy, and tasty. the best part is it tastes wonderful in any curry/meal. And most important, it felts like it is not a different thing you have added in your meal, it is already added in your meal.
We use sea salt more often than anything else. It has a pure taste and it crunches nicely. Besides it has that nice little sparkle on your french fries! I just keep forgetting to keep it away from the windows as it tends to clog up the holes. Never mind, a little rice in the shaker takes care of that problem.