Children growing up

I am wondering what I should do about my daughter, She is ten and since my husband has gone overseas she had compleatly transformed into a kid who argues with me about everything, doesnt do what she is told to do and has become sorta lazy too. For example, this morning I woke her up an hour and a half before we had to leave and told her to get dressed while I was in the shower. She said ok and then 15 minutes later when I got out of the shower she was still in her Pajamas. I scolded her for not getting ready and she started to arguing with me about the whole thing. I know when I was a kid it was ok mom, and you did it. She was always very good and now everyday is a new arguement. I am beside myself because I hate having to yell at her everyday!! Does anyone have any suggestions??
@hush5605 (674)
Your daughter may just be rebelling because she misses her dad. You might want to consider getting her some counselling to see if it helps. I hope it all works out okay for you....
Thankyou for responding. I am currently working on that. I am sure it will be ok in the long run, I think part of it is age too..
@happygal68 (3277)
On a good day, talk to her about her feelings of dad being gone. Suggest that she write letters to him or keep a journal of her feelings and maybe she won't be so rebellious towards you. I also agree with the counseling.