giving up Potatoe Chips

@linda345 (2661)
We went to the supermarket today and we where walking through the chip aisle. I was trying to decide what type of potato chips I was going to buy for the week. Everything looked unappealing. So I made the big statement to my hubby, I am quitting chips. I bought a big box of popcorn, the healthy stuff. Now I done this before and just get people to go to the store or go myself. I have warned everyone in my family don't give into me. Please give me some pointers on how I am going to have some self control in this area and not fail. I am a chipololic.
Instead of depriving yourself, make your own. They are more healthy, and you can control what you put on them, and bake them. I have made yam and regular chips from raw potatoes. Just slice thin, spray with pam, and put on a baking dish. Bake in the oven. They are healthy. Add salt if you choose. The yam ones are so addicting. Good luck dear.
@linda345 (2661)
I have to try that. What a healthy alternative. Do they taste like potatoe chips at all? I have never eaten yams. In Newfoundland, people don't tend to eat yams. I never heard of them until I moved to Ontario.
You can use the yams or sweet potatoes. They are sweet, and when you salt them they are great. You can slice them thin like potato chips or cut them like fries. Spray them with pam and bake high temp, but watch so they don't burn. Do the same with regular potatoes. Good luck.
Thank you for the best response dear.
@vijayr (114)
Why are you quitting to have chips. May be you might be a chipololic. You might reduce to take less chips. You need not stop them completely. You should not make yourself feel guilty. It's nice to have potato chips. But yes we have to make sure we dont rely on them. As they might affect our health.
@linda345 (2661)
I have tried reducing them but I always ending up going back for more. So it has to be totally stop them.
@coolcatzz (1588)
I'm not a huge chip fan, not as much as I am a chocolate fan. I am more of a sweet eater then a salt lover. However there are times I eat chips. I could give them up though with no problem. I think the only thing you can do is keep crunchy things around that you can substitute like carrot sticks, rice cakes and even now they have so many healthy snacks. Like the ones from Cheerios. Good Luck.