Best places to retire!

@estherlou (5017)
You know, when you think about retiring, you think about great weather, golf courses, swimming, whatever! You want low taxes, lots of culture and good health care. You don't think about your own city! I found a list of top cities in the state of Texas to retire to...and lo and behold, my city is #3 on the list! I guess we have it pretty good after all! LOL
When I reach retirement age, I may relocate to the Bahamas with my bf. He would love to go back to his country to live and it would definately be something new to me.
@missyd79 (3438)
when my son grows up i want to get my CDL lincense and my boyfriend and I are going to do over the road trucking together, because i want to see the states and i figured what easier way then to get paid for it.
@coffeechat (1961)
• New Zealand
Here is my list: 1. Azores 2. Malta 3. Seychelles 4. Philippines 5. Tahiti 6. Bermuda 7. Jamaica These places offer good tax breaks, clement weather and a great quality of life. Of course, you need more than $50,000 per year to make the most of these places. Happy retirement.
@estherlou (5017)
These all sound exotic and fun. They are the kind of places we wish we could go on vacation! I can't even imagine living out your retirement there! And $50,000 as a retirement income? Wow! Both of us don't make that much in a year right now!
• New Zealand
The per capita income in these countries, with the exception of Malta is less than $12,000 a year. So with retirement in come of $50 k per annum, anyone can afford to chase the sun. That is spend the best parts of the year in the places of your choice (even if you fly economy/coach getting to and from). Save $10 a day towards your retirement, and it should be possible when you are 65. Save those bonuses as well! invest wisely and it should be possible faster. But then social security kicks in at 65, so add that to the pot and you can have a jet-set life without the megabucks.
@kathy77 (7488)
yes you are right most of us would like to retire and live in warmer weather, yes you must have it pretty good if your city is number 3 I thought when I retired I would of loved to live in the country side but no I have returned to the city as that is where my friends live but there are a lot of lovely places to live here.