My moms Birthday

@haloamar (157)
My birthday is fast approaching... Her 40th birthday... what can a son can buy a mom on her 40th birthday. And will she like it?? and why???
@craftwave (1338)
I'm a mother over forty and I know that if you get her something that tells her how great she is and how much you appreciate what she has done is very special. It always makes me happy when my girls do this. maybe a special card that syas just the right thing or a picture that reminds you of your mother and what she has done for you. Or a framed photo of a special moment that you shared. Anything that says I love you and I'm glad you're my mom.
@craftwave (1338)
I forgot to tell you what my girls did got me. They got me a silver heart shaped box with a message engraved on it. And inside was a silver locket with photos inside it. They went to a store called Things Remembered.
@Marie2473 (8519)
• Sweden
40 is a big age and think it is an important gift, I would probably get her an experiance, or an event of some kind. A theater show, a trip, a dinne rout or something like that! Something for her to remember!
@haloamar (157)
My mom doesnt go out for theatre... Dinner is preety normal... any present for a 40 old mom form son
@ss2879 (132)
agree with syl - anything you get her will be liked. i suggest some jewellery
@sylvrrain (661)
I have been a mom for 24 years and I know for a fact that anything you give her, she will love. I think the best gift you can give her is to hug her, tell her you love her and thank her for giving so much of her love and time to you. That is a gift she will never forget and it will mean more to her than anything materialistic. If you can give her an actual gift, give her something that means something to her. You know what she likes, you probably know her better than most people. Choose something that will last...jewelry, collectables, a framed photo of you and her together, anything that she can look at in the future and think about that day when you told her you loved her.
I think the best thing you can give to your mother is a dinner with dad.I had the same situation and this is the advice my life partnes has given me.I think this is the best thing i can do for my mother to sent her out with dad at some good place alone. P.S If you will mark it as the "Best response" i will give all the credit to my wife :P..
@kathy77 (7488)
For your mothers 40th birthday I think it would be nice to buy some lovely perfume I think that your Mum would really like this as she could smell nice and make her feel great and when she puts it on your mother would think of you.