I need help disciplining my two cats!

@HeatherS (954)
I have had them for about two years, since they were babies and i have been extrememly lenient with them. Now that i live with my boyfriend i am starting to see his side of it and they are BAD! They chew on wires, causing things to not work and they trash the house by eating paper or whatever and shredding it all over the house! they are declawed and neutered. How can i discipline them now? especially when they do the stuff when we are not home? Oh also, one of them also has a bad habbit of jumping on you from any height, which really hurts when she grabs you with her back claws lol. please help me!!
@Meljep (1668)
A spray bottle filled with water used to spray them when they do something bad has been known to work. Cats as a general rule do not like water to touch their coats. This may modify their behavior. As for the behavior while you are away? It might be a good idea to keep them in a crate while you are gone.
@HeatherS (954)
well my cats oddly enough seem to love water likethey get in the bathtub after we've taken a shower they are weird. we've treid the spray bottle thing. I can't imagine keeping them in a crate everyday while we are at work :( i think i would feel way to guilty to do that.
@HeatherS (954)
i really hate to say this but i am afriad it may be too late..2 yrs in cat time is like forever in ours and they are pretty much set in there ways..but..there is always a chance..lol..i dont like the water spray thing but many people use this disapline..for me..i just get in there little faces yell NOOOOO!! and stop them myself..and repeat..and of they dont..after many times i would put them in time out in the bathroom for a little bit maybe 15 mins.and it honest to god worked for me lol..good luck!
@HeatherS (954)
My boyfriend and i have tried that time out thing before but it hasn'tseemed to work. and we have done the water bottle thing but that hasn't worked at all, well it works for the moment. but its like as soon as we leave the house there they go again:) lol thanks for the response!