Are you the parent you thought you were going to be before you had kids?

Before I had kids I thought I was going to be the greatest mom in the whole world. Of course before you have kids you don't realize how much work is actually involved. I think I am a great mom and everyone around around me would agree and probably wonder why I would start this discussion. I just want to know if any women or men out there feel this way. Do you think you could do better? I know I could, and I try everyday to be a better parent.
@thekiwi (588)
I never really thought about me being a mom...I was terrified when i found out i was pregnant, i thought i would be an aweful mom...but now since my son is 8 months old, hes developing so well! So i have to be doing something right...the only sickness he had was a cold, and thats been once...He is a fat little thing! hes on my profile if you wanna go look...I think i am doing a good job :)
@blueskies (1186)
I was terrified to have children because I was convinced that I would be a terrible mother who did nothing but ruin her children's lives. Well, it's 15yrs later. I think I'm actually a pretty good mom. I learn new things every day about how to parent my children. All you need to do is love your children and be open to learning new ways of doing and seeing things.
My kids are my world! Sometimes I think I spend too much time with them, but is that possible? I can't stand to be away from them for too long. I think my problem most of the time is I am not as laid back as I would like to be. Don't get me wrong, we have great fun together, but I think I could be better. But, I am somewhat of a perfectionist.
@itsjustmeb (1213)
I never thought I would have kids, and now I want one more, isn't that odd? Seriously though I always thought I didn't want to bring kids into this screwed up world, and now that I have kids, all im doing is trying to protect them from this screwed up world!
@katyzzz (2902)
No, things have turned out much differently