i am a guy, what can i do to make my hair smooth and shiny?

that's right. I want better hair. I am a middle-aged white guy, dark brown hair, a bit thin on top. But i want my hair to be more shiny and healthy. What do i do? you ladies always have such pretty hair, how do you do it?
You can use hot oil treatment twice a week that make you hair shiny. there is a way to make your hair healthy don't forget use hair conditional after shampoo. in addition, you should eat more healthy fruit such as apple, lime, kiwi, ect.
whats hot oil treatment??
@playgirl (1359)
yeah... use oil treatment... it makes your hair very shine and fine... always use conditioner after your shampoo..
but whats an oil treatment??
ok ill give ya the secret LOL please dont take the pic as an example since it was taken when it was hot and humid last july here in tx LOL , but any who , the trick is that after shampooing you dry your hair THEN use your reg conditioner then rinse ;) have you noticed this is what they do at all the salons ?? this way ya dont use that much conditioner and the conditioner you do use gets into your hair and not all watered down ;) hope this helps ~M~
thank you spangles!! it must really get hot down there in texas but your hair looks fine... you girls sure go thru a lot of trouble with your hair!
@ashjoe76 (1434)
I guess the key element that makes your hair healthy is your general health condition. Add to it, some extra care for the hair every day. Keep it clean, always. If you can manage to have aloe vera treatment, it can work wonders. You can wash your hair with aloe ver, or aloe vera extracts.
i am quite healthy and good shape... aloe makes my face itch though, anything oily holds my salt too much to my skin and then itches :(