Benefits of Healthy Living

So, my first week of eating and living healthier really started a week from tomorrow, but I am excited to look at what I have accomplished. 1. I am smoking a lot less. I've replaced my morning smoke with breakfast and then exercise. Now I don't have a cigarette until I have been up for 2-4 hours. 2. I think my first workout was around 20 minutes and now I am at 40 every day. That does include 6 minuts of stretching and I'm not sure if that counts. So 40 minutes or 34 minutes. Still, I am slowly working my way up. 3. I wake up in the morning and I don't feel groggy. I love it. I feel as if I am ready to start my day. 4. Before this week I never had water and rarely drank anything else either. I am now drinking around 40 ounces per day. I think out of everything I am most proud of this. It is getting easier! 5. I have a workout playlist and the song that used to be the most fast paced on my list is now the slowest. I have added newer songs that get me moving a lot more during the dance. I am sweating more during my workouts. I think that is a good thing.
@sherinek (3323)
Congrats and I am really happy for you. Its better if you can stop smoking as a whole cos, by smoking, you feel more tired. If you stop it, you can do a lot more excercises.
@shywolf (4520)
Bravo! All of that is really wonderful to hear. And it is so healthy to be drinking more water! I really try to drink at least a couple of glasses a day myself. Well.. I say glasses. i really mean about four glasses, because the glass that i normally use holds about two and a half glasses worth of liquid*laugh* I also think that it's great that you have a playlist for your workout and that you are adding faster and faster songs to it. Man, you are reminding me so much taht I need to get back to working out. My family went to all the trouble to buy a treadmill and it has gotten to the point that no one uses it, lol! I love working out to music that I love. It really makes the time go by so much more quickly!^_^
It sounds like you are doing great. I've lost 4 pounds since I started eating better and drinking my water. I still need to try to exercise more. Keep up the good work.