Do you think that Penelope Cruz is a good actrees?

@jotace (2094)
Spain
She has been nominated this year in the Golden Globes, but she hasn't got the award.
@sweetrala (1440)
She's a fairly good actress.I think she chooses good projects and does not forget her roots as a Spanish actress and do movies not only in hollywood but also in her native tongue.I get irritated with her voice though.
@jotace (2094)
• Spain
She certainly has a peculiar voice. Thanks for your answer.
• Belgium
I think her role in Volver (it was, wasn't it?) was fantastic. She had the chance to win that award but the other nominations were also very strong. Who has won it for female, the one from 'the queen' or?
@jotace (2094)
• Spain
Yes, she was nominated for her role in Volver. You are right, the winner actress has been Helen Mirren for The Queen.
@Idlewild (6105)
I think she's very good. And I like that she's not just trying to be a Hollywood star; she's balancing doing some popular American films with working with Spanish directors, balancing commercial projects with artistic ones.
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I've heard she's going to work with Woody Allen on his next movie, part of which will be shot in Barcelona, Spain. It's not likely that Woody does a bad movie, so I think it could be a boost for her career, because she would finally be able to be recognized in the usa by a role done outside of Almodovar and other spanish directors, and even more, with a prestigious american director.
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Well since you're spanish like me I think you will agree with me that she has done some good characters in some spanish movies like All about my mother or Volver. But if you take a look at all the movies she's done in the USA, they're all big failures, and she hasn't done a good role there yet. She needs a good script and a good movie in the States if she really wants to become a star there....or she will get outfashioned soon.
@jotace (2094)
• Spain
I also think that she is a good actress, but she hasn't had much luck in the U.S.A. yet. My favourite movie of Penelope Cruz is Belle Epoque, a film directed by Fernando Trueba in 1992 which won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
@pizzoli (3381)
i don't have the knowledge to judge her ability to be an actress but she is truly a very nice woman
@aprilten (1977)
yes, i think she's a good actress. i like her portrayal in vanilla sky and in her other movies. i also like her face. she's simply beautiful. i'm sure she'll win an awards soon.
@arunr175 (1680)
Penelope Cruz - Penelope Cruz, a beautiful actress ...
Penelope Cruz is a good actress and she is beautiful, I really like her. I like Penelope Cruz in most of the movies she has acted in, Penelope Cruz is a good actress ...
@Makoy1983 (1086)
penelope cruz is indeed hot! she's one of the most desirable women ever. but i t-dont think that she's really a good actress.
@whitefox (1350)
Penelope Cruz is a good actress and she has shown her talent in many films interpreting very various personalities
Yeah I guess so. Ive seen Penelope Cruz in several movies and base to her acting I guess she's a good one.