Would I be better off just cutting my credit cards

@bblessed (1822)
in half instead of using them too much?
@DeenaD (2688)
Keep one for emergencies. Cut the rest.
@bblessed (1822)
should I keep even one?????
@DeenaD (2688)
Well, I don't know your financial situation. But generally I would say, yes, it is good to have one. You never know what might happen and you might need a lot of money quickly.
@BLesseDmiN (1072)
I think credit cards come in useful if you travel often and also for emergencies.. my general rule is i will only use it when i know i have money to pay it off.. Once i buy an item on my credit, i will keep the money aside so that when my bill comes, i can just pay it off =)
@ossie16d (11834)
If you are strong enough to only use it for emergencies, then do as BlesseDmiN suggests.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Keep one and lock it up some place that it is a pain to get too. That way you won't be tempted to use it but you kno wwhere it is for a true emergency.
@bblessed (1822)
I have handed mine over to my husband before because I felt the urge to spend or I thought I was just spending too much.
@ssh123 (31104)
My advice is to keep one credit card and rest should be closed. It slowly sends people to debt trap. Always prefer to do transaction in cash and avoid credit card as much as you can.
@bblessed (1822)
Sounds like a good idea!
@nicky35 (749)
yes,its a slippery slope.
@indiandevil (2098)
• Rothesay, New Brunswick
credit cards are very tricky and trappy things... only use them in a emergancy, when you need something and have no cash, or nothing in your bank account...otherwise you could find your self in big trouble. What people don't realize is even if you use your card for a 10 dollar pack of cigerettes. Then you are paying interest on that for a year. So in the long run you could be paying 30-50 dollars for that pack of smokes...Thats how you get in debt with credit cards. You think the price of the object is the same as if you were paying cash...its not because your borrowing money to pay for it you pay back at least triple the ammount.
@antoisra (821)
• Sri Lanka
Yeah. Like the first one said. Although I don't got a single credit card. I'll borrow from family if there's an emergency. I guess things are otherwise here in Sweden though.
@lesterdsa (1647)
U can open a Free Paypal account ...! but cannot transfer or withdraw the money ...! Bco u dont have a credit card ...! maybe i can help u all, i know a company which sells credit cards which can be used by any name ( it has no name on it ) u have to pay a small fee, and u also get a preloded amount on it, for more details mail me ( this service has been used by 100 + people till now )
I think everyone should go to www.geocities.com/hope_2768 and get some information on credit card companies before applying for one.
Almost it would be better to cut up your credit cards. Just keep one major one for emegrencies.
@acdc0805 (981)
I put a stop on mine (when I had them) so I couldn't use them, but didn't cancel, or cut them up, until I paid them way down, so I didn't have to worry about it-ended up paying them off, and not using them again, cause I got so used to not having one. Best decision, cause now i don't have to worry about another bill each month :) I just pay for things wtih cash, and use the savings account to save money for htings I want.