starbucks -- coffee or fame?

Do the people who go and hang out in starbucks really enjoy the coffee there or they just prefer to go and hang out there to be considered "popular" or rich? in the philippines, especially before when Starbucks is really famous and they have no other competition yet, people would consider you as rich or popular when you drink coffee at Starbucks. This was sort of the "image" created by the people here so i was wondering, do they really enjoy starbucks coffee or just the "image"?
I believe that the people that hang out there really do enjoy the variety of coffees that are offered by them.
@jep_toyo (1607)
I guess its more of an image. Some people think that they are so "in" when they go there. I seldom go to starbucks or other popular coffee shops. I just go there to buy coffee or to meet some friend.
@cheerldr (594)
Personally, I really enjoy starbucks coffee since I was 18. But coffee is not just about starbucks. Im from the Philippines, too and I also noticed that some people are just availing the coffee of Starbucks just to have the "posh" image. In fact, some people are just there to make "tambay".
@shorva (923)
hi i'm also from philippines. 6 yrs ago when starbucks wasnt popular yet here i'd go there with my mom to hang out, drink some frap and eat at night. now, i totally agree that young people hang out there now just to look cool, not really coffee lovers im sure.come on really, it does cost a lot to get some coffee from there, so i just go there now whenever i crave for frap as im no coffee lover and if i was i wuld probably get coffee from a cheaper place.what's with young ppl going there thinkin they look so cool????really they just look trying too hard look like it.