Do you sponsor children in poor countries?

@hopefoo (1145)
Malaysia
While posting earlier, someone to talk about stuff like how dogs are treated better than human beings are. I agree with her totally. There are really poor people out there :( Do you sponsor a child in another country? Do they write to you? My sister sponsors a child in rural China. She works in Australia and part of her pay goes to the kid, about 5 bucks month. The kid writes to her too, the letter being translated by a third party. I think it's a great idea to take it out of your pay, I mean..even my government thats more than 5 bucks from me every month on income tax.
I have made donations to needy children's funds ect but I do not actually sponser a child. I wish I had the money to sponser a few of them, but I am a sahm and dont have a steady income, only what I earn online which isnt much.
@sweetlady10 (3620)
I am willing to do that when I will earn a regular income. I srongly believe that we should do whatever we can, for those poor people.
@jeb083079 (840)
my brother sponsors a child to go to school. he sponsors her through World Vision.
I would love to sponser as many kids as I could..but I have to make sure my own finances are in order first..as soon as I get my money and bills in order, I want to look into doing it...